Post-op day 3

Lynn5707
on 7/9/11 9:47 am - IN
Hi,

Overall, I am doing pretty well, I think. I haven't had too much discomfort, but have been so very, very tired. I even took a three hour nap today!

I still have more liquids to get in, but so far have about 880 mls which is about 30 oz liquids. I also only got in about 22 gm of protein. I'm trying to focus on fluids, only protein drinks so far I can drink are low carb slim fast or carnation instant (sugar free) with skim milk and dry milk added. Isopure is horrible. I came home from hospital with 7 bottles, and just cannot stand them.

I have some unjury samples, the unflavored seemed to have a flavor. Tomorrow am trying some more of those.

Any suggestions? Am I about "normal" for 3 days out? I am loving SF popsicles.

Thx!

Lynn
Dawnie 88
on 7/9/11 9:53 am
sounds like you're doing well to me.  congrat's on getting sleeved!!  I think it's smart of you to focus on getting in those fluids..especially w/summer temps and the threat of dehydration.  I use the UnJury unflavored..but yes..it does have a flavor to me also.  I add it to milk, plus add some non-fat dry milk powder..and you get alot of protein in one drink.

Keep it up!!

acbbrown
on 7/9/11 10:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
You are doing perfect for 3 days out. Isopure should be banned

Just focus on fluids if protein is difficult. I found by day 5-6 I could balance both, but it helped that I could have regular protein shakes, not just clear liquids.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Lynn5707
on 7/9/11 10:27 am - IN
Yes, I'm on full liquids, so the milk based protein drinks taste better to me.

Thx!

Lynn
BJUpNorth
on 7/9/11 11:19 am - MN
Lynn, it sounds like you are doing just right for 3 days out. Work on those fluids, those are really important so you don't get dehydrated. Your surgeon doesn't expect you to be getting in 75 grams of protien and 64 oz fluids right away. It is something you have to work up too.

Glad you feel pretty good. It will get better each day. Best of luck on your journey!

Brenda

jthomp7889
on 7/9/11 11:27 am - Shrewsbury, MA
 I cringed at most protein drinks. The one I can tolerate now is Pure Protein. It comes in a 12 onz can in chocolate or vanilla. Trader Joes and my local grocery store sell it. It's a whopping 35 grams of protein and 12 ounces of your daily liquid intake.

Check it out... http://www.pureprotein.net/pages/products.aspx?sku=046029

roundater
on 7/9/11 12:27 pm - Lincoln, NE
Congrats on your sleeve. Liquid diets are tough but it  will pass. When you can I use Trader Joe's Designer Whey with 2 cups of skim milk. Tastes just like chocolate milk with 54 grams protein. Hope this helps.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views