sore calves....

colelea613
on 8/7/11 4:43 am - LA
Two Questions:
      1) my calves are really sore like a ran a marathon.
         I did over night lose like 6 pounds. Probably fluid right?
          Did anyone else have this problem?
          BTW: I am getting more than 60 ozs of fluids a day.

2) here is the nasty question
            I have the rip roaring poo-poos!!!!
            Can we take Amodian (spelling?) for that?

hurry back answers because soon i will be looking for diaper cream

Cole

acbbrown
on 8/7/11 4:52 am - Granada Hills, CA
I never had diarreah - so can't help with that.

The week after surgery, I had very sore calves/bad muscle cramps in my calves so my little walks were painful. I was dehydrated so the doc said it was related to that - electrolyte imbalance. After I got fluids from the ER, and started drinking some gatorade (G-2), the cramping/soreness went away.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

softnsweet
on 8/7/11 5:02 am
Regarding your calfs, make sure that you are walking plenty. Blood clots start in the the calf. Your calfs are not warm to touch are they? If your calfs are sore without working out, I would call the doctor.
MyOwnSunshine
on 8/7/11 5:22 am
Sore calves can be a sign of blood clots, especially if they are sore when you straighten your leg and flex your foot.  You may want to call your doc if there is any sign of redness or heat. 

I would ask my surgeon about taking Immodium, also.  They may not want you to slow down your GI tract after surgery, as that would raise your risk of developing an ileus.  Definitely ask your doc first.

Jami
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
brownowl
on 8/7/11 5:43 am
hi i was sleeved 6th july 5 weeks ago i had very bad poos its only the last 2 days that things are back to normal i havent had any calf cramps at all so i would ask your dr as it could be a blood clot good luck hope you are ok xxx
shihtzulvr
on 8/7/11 6:23 am
When I came home from the hospital I had diarehha for 2 days and had to go ER (it was the weekend) and get a bag of fluids because I was dehydrated. The dr said it is very important to not get dehydrated. The diarehha started to slow down and by the fourth day it was under control. Like someone said on a post "never trust a fart".
krystals
on 8/7/11 6:30 am - TX
VSG on 07/15/11 with
My calves were sore to after a few days being home from hospital. I had my husband massge them with lotion for about 20 min on each side and it went right away. Hope this helps!
VintageChick
on 8/7/11 6:55 am
Calf pain can be caused from blood clots.  You are at increased risk of blood clots, aka deep vein thrombosis, both from surgery and obesity.  If you smoke or take the pill, your risk is even higher.  Massaging sore calves is not advisable until DVT has been ruled out by your physician.  Massaging a DVT can cause it to break loose and cause a pulmonary embolism, among other things.

Chance are, if both calves are sore, it is not caused by DVT, however, it's best to be on the safe side and speak with your surgeon.
colelea613
on 8/7/11 7:03 am - LA
I just think it is soreness. I have had a PE before and know what that feels like.  I think I have been using my legs more to ease the pulling my stomach getting out of the recliner.  I have walk and walked and walked some more.  I have a 4 year old and I constantly chasing her down.

Thanks for being the one other person that had sore muscles after surgery.  My post-op appointment is Tuesday.  I have already called the on-call surgoen this weekend I don't think it is a major issuse.

Cole

Lori B.
on 8/7/11 2:32 pm
Yes, both of mine were very sore too. I just kept my rubber crocks on in the house at all times and it went away. I called my doc but he didn't think it was pe cause it was in both. Mine was from straining in and out of the recliner and the toilet was so low at the hospital!

Hope you feel better soon.

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views