08-09-2010 one year already. long w/pic

dynielle B.
on 8/8/11 5:28 pm - WA

MY OH Family,
its a shame i havent been on here much but i am on the pregnancy after sugery page and today i look back a year. for thevets they may know my story alreafy, for the newbies or soon to be newbies please dont let my story change your judgment just be aware this sugery han have risks it is a major sugery....

one year ago i went to make a life changeing choice after a 4 week liquid diet, cancelation of one sugery date for a UTI 08092010 couldnt have come fast enough, like most i was full of antisapation and excitement. got into my gown and waiting to go back to the OR. last time i can remeber is 9:45 am- 6:35 comes around and im awake finally but somethings not right. oxygen, huh? another ivy? machines lots of machines, i was in ICU. yup i was in ICU for a rare complication and so far one of the few i know that has had it, as everything is still unclear as to what happened i have a emergancy open proceedure due to trama to the spleen and needed it removed cause it ruptured i had lost 1000ml of blood and was on the verge of needing a blood transfussion in the OR. after 24 hours of ICU and a leak test giving BTW that stuff i can still remember the taste. YUCK!. i have two pints of blood givin and yes i felt like a vampire my streanght was comeing back slowly. i spent 4 days in ICU and was sent home, recovery was hard as i had clost to 60 staples on my tummy i got light headed a lot and fainted a few times once in the shower think goodness my husband was there. i was unable to graduate the milestones to eatting. i was on puree's and liquids for 6 more weeks and mover to much foods till my first solid food on november 10th and it was chicken noodle soup. i did go threw the hair loss and wondering when that was going to end. my weight begain to slow down in march after looseing 103LBS? may 15th 2011 i found out i was expecting over joyed and excited i was on here to tell my oh family i was moveing over to the other forum. my road still hasnt stoped. since ive gained back 5lbs which is amazeing. were haveing a boy just found out. but with happyness come missery I am high risk during my blood transfussion a year ago i was givin blood that carried the Kell antibody but one thing this proceedure has tought me is where theres up theres downs but in the end everything turns out just right.

excersise ~> nope i didnt honestly wasnt easy for me too do with my complcation and recovery. i managed to exchange that with lots of walking and chaseing after two toddler.
ate heathy all the time ~> nope i guilty i allowed my self to splurge 2x a week on a endulgance. but other then that yes i ate much diffrent then before sugery.
protein ~> very important i ate about 800-1000 cal a day with in that i have 40g of carns and 70 g of protein. protein is important i stoped my shakes about 3 months post op and never had the bars. my fave was the isopure juice melon. loved it
H2O ~> tears tears and more tears in the begaining i was lucky to get 12oz in but bye time i was 6 months post op i found it easier to get my intake YES i drank from a straw seemed to help encourage my water intake.
vits ~> i still take em every day in a pill container markes su- sa. biotin, citracal pitites, prenatal w/ dha, and liquid b-12 x1 a week.

my encouragement
if you want a life changeing event and can mentally understand theres stalls on the way, complations, days full of tears, self doubt, and knowing in the end your life will be diffrent then go for it dont make excusses cause this works so good, just work it. take the advice from the vets there amazeing people. dont push your body only you know when to advance to the next goal. we have fast losers in here and slow but guess what WE all make goal so dont get let down cause some one is the same day as you but lost more, every body is diffrent. thanks for hearing my story and my little advice ill be back once little wyatt gets here after all i will have to get back on track again. best of luck to the newbies and HOWDY vets.

june 2010, zoo wiht my kids wow 289.8 zise XXL shirt 26 pants
( i do not reconize myself ) WOW

and NOW! well right before i got pregnant still the same weight though,
186.4 size 12-14 and m-L shirt
here i am what a diffrence

height 5'7''
 before sugery: 285.50             day of sugery: 267.0                                 goal: 160

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
frisco
on 8/8/11 5:55 pm

Wow..... I don't think I knew your whole story.........

Congrats on the WL and the "boy" !!!!!

Check in more often !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

dynielle B.
on 8/8/11 5:58 pm - WA
FRISCO!!!!!!!!!! how have you been. i know i need to so much goes on in the boards. my story is crazy thought ya knew, geesh bad me. and thank you, hubby and i are very excited about our little man on the way.
BIG hugs frisco you've always been a wonderful vet on these boards happy to see you still a round.
cattywompos
on 8/8/11 10:14 pm
What a difference indeed!!  You have come so far and overcome so much!  Wishing you a healthy happy pregnancy!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Jennchap
on 8/8/11 11:23 pm - CA
You look great. Im sorry you're road been so bumpy. I have been though a quite few very rough pregnancies to get my two boys (my husband has spina bifida) and as heart breaking as it was looking at their little faces it was worth all the tears and loss. You will come out on top with good medical care… :)
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

anninva
on 8/8/11 11:47 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
wow!  you look fantastic!!!  i'm am so sorry you went thru so much -- very scary.  you're obviously a very strong person, b/c you persevered, got thru it and now things sound, well, wonderful.

congratulations on the coming babe.  very exciting.  and thanks for the inspiration -- i'm probably not going to be a 100 lb loser, but i'm putting a dent in it!  you've given me something to strive for!!!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

dynielle B.
on 8/9/11 12:27 pm - WA
i thank you very much. and yes it was scary but i think more for my porr husband who had to get the news things were going so good. just keep up your work even if it is little strives and little excerisise. 30 min of walking a day goes a long way :) i have much faith you will be a onederland looser too, youve done great so far dont give up its great getting you life back. congrats and keep up your weight loss.
and thank you very much for you praise means alot.
Asecondchanceatlife
on 8/9/11 12:04 am, edited 8/9/11 12:04 am
Sorry for the pain and suffering. You've done a marvelous job!
dynielle B.
on 8/9/11 12:24 pm - WA
TY everyone, indeed it has been a rough road but one i am still traveling until i can reach and maintain my goal weight. keeping a positive mind is the best medician and a great support group. ty for the well wishing on little one, as far as we know he is doing great his a fighter like his momma. any questions feel free to ask, i could have a awnser. best of luck to all in this journey even with all the bad its been a well worth it riad ive travled.
Again Thank you and best of luck to all of you
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 211 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 295 views