17 years after tubal ligation...

SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 8/15/11 10:12 am
...and I now have to take birth control pills!  I have read about the changes in one's periods that may occur.  Boy, have I had them!  My periods have gotten progressively worse--heavier, more painful, longer-lasting--since surgery.  In fact, I got sent home by the employee health nurse due to the debilitating pain I have had.  I have fainted twice due to the pain.  (I really didn't have this much pain post-op.)

I am in bed the first two days, at least.  One day I took 2 BCs, 2 Aleve, 2 Excedrin, and 2 ibuprofen--and, no relief.  (Ok, I know that was not a smart thing to do, esp since it didn't work anyway.)  I am now on the meds I took as a teenager that helped--Anaprox DS and Meclomen, along with Safyral, the BCP.

I am concerned about the side effects of the BCP, as it is related to Yaz.  Has anyone taken this pill?  Had any problems with it?  On the other hand, I'll risk it because I can't deal with this another month.

Khem
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

Smardeepants
on 8/15/11 10:23 am
I'm no help, I have Mirena (an IUD). I don't really have a period... maybe a day or light pink spotting.

My BFF had similar issues with her period after surgery, and ended up doing depo shots. (Too chicken for an IUD, LOL) and now no longer has a period either.

I personally have never done well with pills, and my OBGYN thinks that over 35 is not a great match b/c of some of the side effects/health risks. I chose the Mirena b/c hormone levels are super tiny, I've had no problems at all. I'm almost 5 years out, and will be getting a new one in Jan.

koshermama
on 8/15/11 11:48 am
Wanna bet all the people *****ad your post thought you were going to say you're pregnant?? ;)

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
Crabadams72
on 8/15/11 11:54 am - Silver Spring, MD
I had a tubal in 1997, Ive had bad pains getting worse with each yr and more bleeding after surgery. I heard about Novasure here and googled it and got it Friday. I am hoping for the periods to end!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

tripmom02
on 8/15/11 12:45 pm - NJ
 Have you thought about ablation? I have been thinking about it myself for the same symptoms, and have several friends who are thrilled with the results. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views