I need a hobby to keep me occupied!

HaleyB
on 8/18/11 11:27 am
 One of my issues is eating when I am bored, emotional or stressed. One of my "assignments" is to come up with a hobby to keep my self occupied at home when I have these type of moments. I am very "crafty" but definately NOT "artsy"...unless you consider art to be a painting that looks like a 3yr old did it! I joined a direct selling company a little over a year ago (for a hobby) and I'm getting pretty burnt out. Also it's like a zillion degrees here in TX with no rain so gardening is doubtfully an option.

Sooo what new hobbies should I try?

acbbrown
on 8/18/11 11:39 am - Granada Hills, CA
I think ive played more hours of Bejewled than should ever be allowed in a healthy life style :-p

But hey, it keeps me from eating sometimes.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

mojomom
on 8/18/11 11:44 am
 What kind of things interest you most?  Are you mechanical at all?  Are you into computers?  Do you like numbers?  My sister in law took up woodworking and she has made some beautiful furniture.  Another friend does amazing leather work and stained glass.  You could take a course in just about anything you have an interest in and then decide if you like it enough to try more.  There are so many amazing pass-times.  Do you like to read or write?   What about dancing?  Aquariums can be gorgeous and fun.  Good luck to you in finding a fun new activity.  Keep us posted.  

Mojomom

Robin W.
on 8/18/11 11:47 am - Severn, MD
Play Angry Birds!! It really makes the time fly by. My husband got me hooked, and I would play for hours. If not then how about learning to crochet, or scrapbooking. Just a few suggestions. Hope this helps.

Robin    
hollyoosa
on 8/18/11 12:14 pm
VSG on 04/07/11 with
 I have been exploring a lot of new hobbies to keep my hands busy.....mostly I am interested in recycled crafts. I am loving altering my old clothes to fit my fancy new body and using the left over material to crochet rugs and make little things like bean bags etc. Enjoyed turning an old cotton dress into a retro kitchen apron. I know it sounds like I have some mad crafter skills but I didn't before I started! Also knitted quite a few scarves and hats on looms while I watch TV. explore 
 How does one become a butterfly??
“You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.?
-Hope for Flowers

wert
on 8/18/11 12:16 pm - MN
Try sewing/quilting. That's my go-to hobby. It keeps me busy and I end up with something useful when I'm done. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 12:38 pm
Try knitting or crochet. It keeps your hands busy and you will want to keep them clean to keep the yarn clean, It has helped me fend off the munchies more times than I can count as I wait for my surgery in September
HaleyB
on 8/18/11 1:05 pm
 WOW! Thank you for all of the great ideas!!! I will try all of them LOL! I think I will start with something to keep my hands busy.

Again, THANKS to errrbody!!

meloppie
on 8/18/11 1:41 pm - Calgary , Canada

I like the sewing and recycling ideas.  I know one of the big problems I have is what to do with all that stuff once you have made it.  For that you might check into local hospitals or shelters.  Sometimes they are looking for specific things like hats for the new borns or scarves or shalls for the adults.  There might also be knitting or crocheting groups you could join at the local craft or yarn shop. 

Aslo, you might check with your local community college or city for classes.  some of them have arts, crafts or even alterations which would help you with your vintage clothing hobby.   I really like that one.   I can't wait to be small enough to fit into vintage clothing. 

My other favorite hobby is reading.  Nothing like a good book to take you a million miles away from TX or anywhere else. 

Steph4575
on 8/18/11 1:55 pm - TX
I am in Texas too, and needing to find something to do as well. I like doing some crafts, but mostly I like to read, but that gets old as well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook...that's kind of out right now, and while I like some video games, I feel that a lot of times, they are pointless. I'm at a loss too. My favorite hobby, which is limited ATM is exercising, and shopping...lol!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views