Is there a Cardiologist in the house?!?

iLoveMe
on 8/23/11 1:55 pm - MO
So for the last 2 days my pulse has been between 120-137..My surgeon said I should go see a cardiologist..so I have an appt in the morning.

I'm so freakin' nervous..what if I now have heart problems?  When I was fatter I didn't have any health problems..did i curse myself by having this surgery? I sure hope not.  I mean i didn't have an co-morbidities, i was just fat..

anywhoo i will just pray for the best..I love this website because i can vent and i don't have to pretend everything is OK whereas i have to pretend that I have it all together when i talk with family/friends..

CoolBeans
on 8/23/11 1:56 pm - MD
 Sending positive healing thoughts your way. 
 Cari    
iLoveMe
on 8/23/11 1:57 pm - MO
Thank you, i need them!
acbbrown
on 8/23/11 2:10 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I'll wish you luck.

When I went through the pre-op testing, my ekg was abnormal and I ended up being diagnosed with a pretty serious heart condition (genetic, unrelated to obestity) and so, in a way, the surgery could have saved my life in more ways than one.

Did you have any pre-op testing done? EKG or anything? 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

iLoveMe
on 8/23/11 2:21 pm - MO
Yes, my pre-op EKG was fine and my post op EKG results indicated that I had a "Fast Heart Rate"

I am in tears right now because I am too nervous to sleep! I keep thinking that I may not wake up..crazy i know, but that is how I feel right now.

acbbrown
on 8/23/11 2:29 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Stress will only make your heart rate go up.

If you pre op testing was fine, you probably don't have any underlying heart conditions - it might be related to the effects of surgery, etc.

I know it's stressful - ive been there/done that, but try and relax.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

J.e.t.
on 8/23/11 2:38 pm
 Aw, honey, try to let yourself rest tonight.  You'll worry yourself sick.  Is anyone with you?  Hugs.
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

Pkrplyr777
on 8/23/11 6:59 pm - CT

It's probably a late response to the natural stress of surgery. Relax. Do the test.

My husband had no visible ill affects from the surgery then after 2.5 weeks his blood pressure soared for no apparent reason. But having had several surgeries myself over the course of my life I can tell you that when your body decides to stress out about it, it just does.

Get the test to verify, treat the symtoms and all will be fine.
Your healthier now than before the surgery, remember that.

HUGS!!

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
newmeki
on 8/23/11 7:04 pm - Saudi Arabia
Same thing happened with me, though it was months after the surgery. Had an EKG last week and it was fine. HR was so fast that I could not even sleep at night, which in turn, made things worst. It was decided that it was dehydration (I live in the desert in the Middle East, so not unusual) but with the decreased intake, I must have not been serious enough about liquids. Things are better now that I am very aware of hydration.
Good luck with your tests. Calm down and try to rest. Let us know how things turn out.

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

iLoveMe
on 8/23/11 7:51 pm - MO
I am glad to know that I'm not the only one that has had this problem..I can't sleep either..My surgeon said he thought it was dehydration but referred me to the cardiologist...how much liquids do you get in? I am getting in around 60 oz.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views