Stupid Question?????

Cusscusscutie
on 8/25/11 1:29 am - MA
I can have very wet chicken salad right now 2 oz! I diligently measured my food and after 15 minutes ate 1 oz and now feeling good. I still can eat for another 15 minutes. Here comes the stupid question! Do I wait and see if I can finish the uneaten 1 oz or stick a fork in me I'm done? Not sure! WWOHPD? (What Would Obesity Help Peeps Do?)

dec721
on 8/25/11 1:44 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I wouldn't pu****  You are still very early out.  Pop that chicken salad in the frig and wait until you feel hungry again ... or until your surgeon suggests you can eat again.  One of the best things about the sleeve is that we have lots of yummy leftovers, HA!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

BJUpNorth
on 8/25/11 1:53 am, edited 8/25/11 1:54 am - MN
Definitely only eat until you are full. The main thing is to listen to and get in tune with your new stomach. If it says "I am Full!", then it is. Sometimes all it takes is one more bite and then you are miserable.

Just save the second oz for later. Your new tiny tummy will thank you.

Brenda

felicity2u
on 8/25/11 2:01 am - LA
Definately wouldnt pu**** and 1 oz in 15 minutes seems a little fast.  Try to slow down a bit and then you won't feel as full as fast! Good luck to you!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 2:28 am
I would stop when you feel satisfied and not a bite more.  Waiting to let your food digest and then eating again is called grazing, it is a sure fire way to sabotage yourself in the long run.  You might think, "well Elina, how can eating just 2 oz. sabotage myself?"  The answer is that it is not the 2 oz. but the behavior that is the problem.  Now you can eat very little, but eventually you will eat much more.  Learn to stop eating the moment you feel satisfied.  That is a big key to your future success.
diane S.
on 8/25/11 3:32 am
your surgery was very recent. don't push yourself to eat as much as you can or even as much as you have measured out. when you feel sated (not stuffed). stop. recognize that the amount you can eat will gradually increase over time and there is no need to ru**** you may still need protein drinks at this stage to get enough protein and thats ok. its not about trying to eat as much as you can- its about eating only what you need.  As Frisco says, eat below the capacity of your sleeve.

The other night I made the mistake of eating too much (21 months after surgery and at goal weight) and boy did my sleeve let me know it. I was really uncomfortable. Some days the amount you can eat will be way less than the day before - like your sleeve changes size or something even though it doesn't. Its normal and just because you could eat two ounces one day doesn't mean you can or should another day.    GL  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Steph4575
on 8/25/11 4:00 am - TX
I would stick with your one oz if I were you. Don't want to pu**** too much. Maybe save it for your next meal?! I am three weeks out, and am lucky if I get in one oz right now of anything, lol. Just take it day by day! Good luck!! =)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 440 views