Home from the Hospital

Jennifer S.
on 9/23/11 2:46 am
I had surgery yesterday at 730 and am now home,  Thus far, I have had a great experience with my surgeon, the hospital stay, and how I feel.   For those of you scared of how you will feel, please know that this is completely doable!  Yes, I have some pain, yes the gas floating around inside you sucks, and yes, you will be tired.  But, the things that everyone here preaches about work!  Walking has been like a life line for me.  It's more comfortable than sitting her laying down.  I truly do believe that attitude is everything!  I choose to have the attitude that this current discomfort will be so worth it in the end. 

I'm off to sip, walk, and rest! 

Jennifer

francislicious
on 9/23/11 2:56 am
Good for you! I'm happy your feeling great!  

HW: 290 CW: 240 1st GW: 200 GW: 180 HT: 5'8"

roundater
on 9/23/11 3:14 am - Lincoln, NE
Glad that your surgery went smooth! Sounds like your experience was a lot like mine. Yes indeed activity is a godsend to the recovery process. I try to get in an hour plus of activity at the gym each day. It has really helped in the journey as far as getting the weight off.
Rich Sonderegger

kimbethin
on 9/23/11 3:58 am - CA
I'm happy you are feeling so well!  It's such an exciting and challenging ride but it's by far the best thing I could have done for myself.  Enjoy yourself and keep up the great spirit!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
MyOwnSunshine
on 9/23/11 4:13 am

It sounds like you're doing great!  I agree with you -- attitude is everything. 

I'm a little over a week out and haven't had any problems yet.  I'm back to normal and tolerating food well.  I'm going back to the gym next week. 

All you have to do is keep up the positive thinking and adhere to your doctor's plan.  Everything else falls into place.

" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
phred
on 9/23/11 4:44 am - CO

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

Cathy2402
on 9/23/11 5:42 am
Glad things went well for you!!! Welcome to the losers' bench!!!
HW: 338 SW: 324 GW: 180-160

abrown8434
on 9/23/11 7:46 am - VA
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to be done and on the recovery side?!! Best of luck to you!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views