wondering if anyone else gains weight.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 9/24/11 5:25 am
Wondering if anyone else gains weight after the sleeve surgery or is it just me!!!  I have always been the exception to the rule for most all things and this seems to be no different.

I am 7 weeks out come this Monday.  I was doing quite well and then 2 weeks ago I started going up and down. 

I also can't seem to get all my calories or liquids in...I mean how can you when all you can eat is 5 dime size bites of meat and 1/4 cup vegies!!!   

My 6 wk checkup was last Monday and I was told to try eating my 3 meals and then 2 snacks in between to get the calories in....but that has not helped the up and down issue at all...in fact, it has made it worse.

Any suggestions, ANYONE!!!  

KIMMIKAK                                                 
Paige V.
on 9/24/11 5:37 am - Gainesville, FL
I am 10 days out, and two days this week I have gained.....lol, then its back down in a few days. I am sure it is just fluid retention because I am not eating anything but an ounce or two of yogurt or applesauce a DAY....I am sure its the same with you.

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

KIMMIKAK1119
on 9/24/11 1:25 pm
thanks.  i sure hope so...gets a little frustrating.  good luck to you on the rest of your journey.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Elaine2
on 9/24/11 5:38 am - Atlanta, GA
In my opinion, you may be retaining all the fluids you drink because you're not getting enough fluids in.  You body will hold fluids if it feel dehydrated. Pushing the weight up. Drink more = lose more.

2 different issues----fluids and protein. You might want to pre-measure your 64 oz (or more) of water and simply make sure it happens throughout the day. Regarding protein---I don't see how anyone can get in enough protein without a supplement at this point. Either ready made or powdered---whatever you choose. And, on many plans, protein drinks count towards fluid #s

Just my opinion.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 9/24/11 1:26 pm
thanks so much...  i know that i don't get enough fluids in...i try all day but just can't seem to get the 64oz yet. 

i hope that all the replies are right....i so appreciate the support everyone is giving and the advice.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Pkrplyr777
on 9/24/11 6:37 am - CT
I have started to go up and down now that I'm on solids.
for me it's either not enough water or not enough water i.e. fluids.

If I find the scale has moved u*****t moved when it should then I drink, drink, drink for the next few days and the scale goes down.

I weigh every day so I know when I start retaining and it shadows the slacking off of the fluids.
I also tend to get "bound up" which does not help.

Before surgery I was notorius for NEVER drinking fluids other than my coffee in the morning so now I am really having to THINK about fluids as simply stupid as that sounds. It's the hardest part of this whole journey for me.

good luck and try to get the weekly average for your weight loss and you'll probably find that it's pretty steady if you drink your fluids. IMHO

donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
KIMMIKAK1119
on 9/24/11 1:27 pm
thanks...all the responses have been great and make me feel better.  it  is nice to know that others went through, and are having success with the same issues as i am.

good luck on the rest of your journey, and thanks again.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
BriarRose
on 9/24/11 7:05 am
Drink MORE !!!! Your body is holding on to fluids because it's not getting enough. Early on, and sometimes even now I will add a "splash" of juice (I can't use artificial sweetners) to my water for flavor --- like an ounce of cranberry juice to 16 oz of water; or an ounce of orange juice. I also like a squirt of lime or lemon, or a slice or two of cucumber in my water. I like my water really cold -- almost frozen ! But early on I drank tons of herbal teas -- hot, warm and not quite cold !!! I also now brew herbal iced teas -- love love those !!!

DRINK !!!! You will feel better, and after a couple days of drinking more, the weight will come off !!!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
KIMMIKAK1119
on 9/24/11 1:29 pm
thanks....that seems to be the opinion of most that have replied...and i know i don't get all my fluids in.  i try all day but just can't seem to get the full 64 oz in.  this is from someone that drank like crazy before the surgery.

i will just keep trying until i get it all in.  i am like you...i add flavor to my water as the water doesn't settle so well anymore.

thanks and good luck on your journey.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
roundater
on 9/24/11 7:24 am - Lincoln, NE
I have found that increasing physical activity is the best way to break a stall. That and the other suggestions left by the other posters. Stalls and bounceups are all part of the journey and all of us have had them. Keep at it and it will come off.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views