1st time @ the GYM since bein' sleeved!

dicastro1010
on 9/27/11 12:55 pm - Escondido, CA
I did it! After 12 days of slummin' around the house like the lazy bum that I am, I decided to go to the gym! I was able to do 60 minutes of cardio!! 30 on the stairs and 40 on the treadmill at an incline. Wooo hooo! Another thing is that I went the whole time without getting the toe-numbing feeling that I got pre-surgery 5 minutes into any type of cardio that required me on my feet.I think tomorrow I will do weights and see how that goes.

I realistically could have gone at day 9 or 10, but I don't feel bad about waiting because somewhere in there I am sure my body used up the rest to recover.

Now I just need to keep it up...

Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

Paige V.
on 9/27/11 1:01 pm - Gainesville, FL
good for you! I need to get my butt motivated!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

dicastro1010
on 9/27/11 1:17 pm - Escondido, CA

It's tough to get motivated after being able to just lay in bed or sit on the couch watching all the shows I can while I am out of work! heehee. Trust me, I know the feeling!

I looked in the mirror this morning and said to myself.. I have to sweat this off and workout or I am just going to be a sack of loose skin at the end of this, which is so not cute.

Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

smkeller
on 9/27/11 2:05 pm
Congratulations on your surgery. My doctor's post-opt instructions did not allow weights for ten weeks or machines until six or eight.
rtptjd
on 9/27/11 11:14 pm - Atlanta, GA
Congratulations! Just pace yourself and don't overdo it. I've been hitting the gym all summer to try and lose some pounds and tone up before surgery. My doctor says I cannot lift anything over 25 pounds for six weeks post-op, but I can start walking ASAP after surgery. Now, for motivation while you're on that treadmill or eliptical, think of all the glances you'll get when you've dropped the weight and firmed up! This will keep you going! Best of luck to you and enjoy your slimmer self.
SweetiePea
on 9/27/11 11:36 pm - IA
That's true...easy on the weights. Cardio should be good for now till cleared for weights over 20lbs. Be sure to check with your surgeon on weights. Your poor itty bitty tummy is still healing. You could get a hernia easily.

Height - 4'10"

ACASHMAMA
on 9/28/11 3:06 am
WOW!! You are serious! Try and take it easy in the beginning, no need for a set back.

I'm impressed at your motivation!

abrown8434
on 9/28/11 7:03 am - VA
Alright! Way to go! I finally completed a real cardio work today for an hour! I'm still going to pace myself though but doesn't it feel great?!!!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views