gift ideas for immediately post op

lac123
on 10/3/11 12:16 am - TX
RNY on 06/30/08 with
Coworkers and I are making a basket of goodies for a woman in our office who is having VSG today.  What are your suggestions for the basket?  She's on a 3-week liquid diet. We thought of magazines, soup, protein shakes, crystal light, papaya enzyme, bath stuff.  I know there are more ideas out there.  Sure appreciate your help!

cannonkb
on 10/3/11 12:27 am - SC
 My mother bought me a Snuggie and it has really come in handy! Sometimes when you are losing so fast our internal thermostats are kind of wonky and I am always freezing!

Jennifer S.
on 10/3/11 12:38 am
How very thoughtful of you!  Thank you so much for supporting your coworker!  This is definitely a journey where we all need the support of people at home, work.... everywhere. 

A journal would be a good gift so that she can document her journey.  Also, coupons or gift certificates to GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.  We spend alot of moola there!  A tape measure so she can document her progress in inches would also be good. 

Good luck.

Jennifer

sunnymicki
on 10/3/11 1:02 am
Very thoughtful!

Some SF hot chocolate packets, maybe a box of assorted decaf tea bags?  Those are both things I'm enjoying on liquids right now.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

LeahBea
on 10/3/11 1:59 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Depending on her plan... Maybe sugar free pudding and jello? Or a gift card to somewhere that rents movies.

Leah

Weighting2Bskinny
on 10/3/11 3:25 am
I like the idea of bath stuff Myself I would love that

GOD BLESS YOU            
Elaine2
on 10/3/11 6:28 am - Atlanta, GA
For something different----blender bottles (you can't have too many of those) and a/some bottles of SF Torani or DaVinci flavorings.

Nice of you all!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views