Oh no what to do im 6weeks pregnant and its been 3months since surgery

shantee
on 10/29/11 1:13 am - san diego, CA
oh no i dont know what to do i had surgery on july 1st and now im 6 weeks pregnant and i dont kno what to do becuz i dont want to be gaining my eight back and i dont kno if the baby is goin to be safe and if its ok for my health someone please help and give me some advice
Charlie S.
on 10/29/11 1:20 am
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Second of all, I'm a guy and have no idea what to tell you about your concerns.  However, there is a whole forum just for that.  Check it out, I bet you can find all the support and answers you seek there:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/postop_pregnancy/

Good luck and god bless!

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

Ashley O.
on 10/29/11 1:21 am
You should really talk to your doctor about this.. I'm not sure how safe it is. i've heard people should wait at least a year after surgery to get pregnant. I'ma ssuming you didn't plan this, so I don't know.. Call your doctor right away so you can figure out what needs to happen to keep you both safe and healthy.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

Stella S.
on 10/29/11 2:45 am
What were you thinking?!   Sorry to sound harsh, but again...what were you thinking?!   I have little sympathy when it comes to this subject.  It is irresponsible to get pregnant at this stage and honestly it makes me question the sort of parent you are/would be. 

If gaining weight back is your first concern, get an abortion now.  You are pregnant and your weight is no longer the priority...so if that's your mindset, you have no business having a child at this stage.

Discuss your options with your physicians asap....and please don't rely on a message board. 

ready2Bhealthy2
on 10/29/11 3:02 am
Harsh, but true
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
CCinIndiana
on 10/29/11 4:35 am - IN
WOW people can be judgemental!!   I mean there are birth control failures sometimes.  I know being newly pregnant you must have a lot of hormones going on so to assume her only concern is gaining weight isn't fair.  That just maybe the easiest to articulate right now.  Call your surgeon and ask for a referral to an OB/GYN that has experience with people with WLS.  Your body will deplete what ever nutrients you have to feed the baby first.  Good luck
ready2Bhealthy2
on 10/29/11 5:36 am
People can only respond to what is written. I would never encourage anyone to do anything they don't want to do. With that being said she messed up and sometimes the truth hurts. I have already said a prayer for both her and the baby that whatever she decides will result in a healthy and happy outcome for all involved.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
USAF Wife
on 10/29/11 4:02 am
On October 29, 2011 at 9:45 AM Pacific Time, Stella S. wrote:
What were you thinking?!   Sorry to sound harsh, but again...what were you thinking?!   I have little sympathy when it comes to this subject.  It is irresponsible to get pregnant at this stage and honestly it makes me question the sort of parent you are/would be. 

If gaining weight back is your first concern, get an abortion now.  You are pregnant and your weight is no longer the priority...so if that's your mindset, you have no business having a child at this stage.

Discuss your options with your physicians asap....and please don't rely on a message board. 

Being harsh is one thing, telling someone what they should do with their body and their unborn child is WAY over harsh, and absolutely disgusting.

Weight gain is scary, being pregnant is scary, and believe me, I struggled with weight gain even at 19 months out. So, before you point a finger at someone, remember you have 3 more pointing right back at yourself. You have no idea how overwhelming it is being pregnant after WLS.

This reply is past the point of being harsh. You are downright cruel, and unbelievably condescending and insulting. I'm appalled at this to be honest.

I know plenty of women who have their birth control fail, or not work properly after bariatrics. Take a jaunt through the pregnancy after WLS surgery and you'll see where several women have used bc, followed doctors orders and still end up pregnant.

It's not like this poster has shared she was out whoring around, got knocked up nor was being unsafe. NOT that it is anyone's business if she was, BUT try to have a little consideration that you don't know this woman from Adam, and you're telling her to kill her child.

I'm questioning the type of person you are by being so effin judgemental and just plain hateful. How arrogant and asinine most of your statements are to her regarding what type of parent she will will or is currently!

It's Satuday, she probably can't speak to her doctor, and is coming here for support, and advice which some people have to offer based on experience and knowledge.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

jessicae
on 10/29/11 4:06 am
 well said.  people should consider the affect the words may have on people  prior to typing them. 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

lucy2e
on 10/29/11 5:14 am - Laurel, MD
 Bravo - you put the thoughts and feeliings I experienced when read this reply into powerful words - thank you!  The VSG forum has been wonderful to me because we show "tough love" when needed, but always with compassion.  The post was totally lacking in compassion and made me very sad.

Thanks USAF Wife.

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 248 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 315 views