Confused

specialone
on 11/21/11 11:56 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
Hi, I'm new to this! I will attend my weightloss seminar today. My best friend had the gastric bypass 11 months ago and she's doing great. No complications and she looks amazing. Iv'e met with her surgeon on one of her visits and I was blown away by how REAL & DOWN TO EARTH he was! I'm torn between the gastric bypass and the vertical sleeve. The crazy thing, is that I don't want to loose to much weight. I never thought I would say that, but that's honestly how I feel. Has anyone felt this way?
acbbrown
on 11/22/11 12:45 am - Granada Hills, CA
Its a rare person who will lose too much weight and not be able to stop. There's obviously a balance between finding a maintenance sweet spot, so to speak - it could be a fine line between losing and gaining, so that's the tough part, but i havent seen too many people wasting away when that's not what they want.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

specialone
on 11/22/11 12:54 am, edited 11/22/11 12:55 am - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
Thank you so much for your reply acbbrown!
Faithful4me
on 11/22/11 1:24 am - Southfield, MI
I started off at 246 and im 5'6 and that was my concern not looking sick. i had the the sleeve and per my physician once you obtain your goal weight you can maintain it by adding things to your diet to keep weight on verse getting to small

Ms Shell
on 11/22/11 1:49 am - Hawthorne, CA
My goal weight was 200lbs and I'm maintained it with the exception of my 20lb regain which I'm working on and have about 12 left to go.  I've revised my weight or not we'll see when I get back to 200.

I have many reasons for NOT getting the RnY.  I don't like that fake holepunched opening between your stomach and intestines that in time is prone to strech being my BIGGEST issue.

YOU are ultimately in control of what you lose and whether or not you'll keep it off REGARDLESS of what surgery you have.

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

specialone
on 11/22/11 8:28 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
VSG on 02/15/12
I would like to thank everyone for their response. I attended the seminar and I'm going with the sleeve. My bff is doing great with her bypass but the sleeve I'm sure is best for me.
vacationlover
on 11/22/11 9:29 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views