Ladies: Life after Lane Bryant

Audra L.
on 12/8/11 10:35 pm - WA
VSG on 08/05/11 with
I love my sleeve!  I'm not even near my goal, yet, but I'm just so happy with how I look already.  I just purchased this super cute coat that makes me so happy/smilie every time I wear it.   I'm walking taller and straighter, too... with more confidence.  I love it!

Anyway, for years I've been shopping nearly exclusively at Lane Bryant.  I love their style.  I'd have to say that 95% of my wardrobe is LB stuff.  I'm like a walking advertisement.  Well, the problem is that I'm now a size 14 and in a few weeks, I won't be able to shop there anymore.  It's a bittersweet moment for me, as I love their clothes, and the fact that I can do all my shopping at one place (I'm not a fan of shopping), but of course I'm happy to be small enough that I don't need to shop there anymore.

So, my question is... where should I shop now?   I know I can shop pretty much ANYWHERE now, but it's all so daunting!  And like I said, I hate to shop.  I want another one-stop shop store (or maybe 2 or 3...)  So, for you former LB-shoppers and LB-fans, where do you shop now for trendy clothes?

Audra

HEIGHT: 5'8"          HIGHEST WEIGHT: 285          CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

Chelle2380
on 12/8/11 10:40 pm - TX
I shop at the Gap and also at JC Penney.  They seem to have some good deals and cute styles like LB.  Good luck venturing outside the LB store!  Congrats on your weight lose!

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/11 10:44 pm - MO

I like New York and Company especially when they have big sales! 

mandyc1975
on 12/8/11 10:44 pm - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
Do you have a Fashion Bug in your area. They have all sizes and are actually part of the same company as Lane Bryant. If not, Kato also has pretty cute clothes. Good Luck!
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
wls2011
on 12/8/11 10:45 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
I feel your pain...LOL...I am in the same boat...I look past LB everytime I go to the mall & it is so weird to not go in....I especially miss their underwear! I have bought all kinds of styles in other stores and still can't find ones that fit as comfortably & perfect as their hipster cotton/spandex brand! I've tried VS, Macy's, Penney's, etc...

I also hate to shop and invariably buy stuff that later on when I get home decide I really don't like as much as I thought.

Anyway, my entire new wardrobe which is not much, is almost all from Old Navy...cheap and comfy and fairly stylish...since I'm still dropping sizes, I am not buying anything expensive and not buying many things. But it is overwhelming, and I have to try on like 20 pairs of jeans to just find one pair since I had no idea what size I was....and the rises make me crazy....which is why ON is good, they have classic rise clearly labeled which is the only type I like.

I also like Maurice and Wet Seal now for some tops and skirts.

Good luck!

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

tripmom02
on 12/9/11 3:44 am - NJ
 Try FashionBug online for the underwear, I just bought four pairs of their hipsters and they fit me just like the only LB one's did! Same material and everything!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

BariBariHappy
on 12/8/11 11:02 pm - MI
I so relate to your post! I'm far from my goal too....but getting ready to "divorce" myself from LB!
But I'm kind of glad because I think their styling has kind of gone down-hill! They seem a little
"Fat Grandma" to me lately. For a while there they looked like their styling was getting better but lately they seem like they are going backwards again. So in away I'm glad I'm leaving her behind. Hahaha

Currently I've been going back into my closet to find "Old" clothes that now fit again!! That's right...something old is now something new...so I'm kind of glad I saved some of my timeless favorites. But I've been going to Target to get some of their "sporty styles"...casual but stylish. And then once I get more into the normal sizes I will start to sniff out some of the "hipper" stores. I have this great boutique that's near me that I can't wait to wear their "One Size Fits All" clothes.

I have a tendency to like clothes that are more different/less traditional than the normal person so I'm hoping that there will be something out there for me rather than the typical retail stores.

Best of Luck!
   HW: 291 • SW: 260 • CW: 196 • GW: 145            

Audra L.
on 12/10/11 1:19 am - WA
VSG on 08/05/11 with
Thanks.  I, too, am fitting into clothes I have not worn in 8+ years.  Amazingly, I don't feel they are out of fashion; I still like the styles.  And, of course, they're all LB.. sizes 14 and 16.  The 16s are a little loose, but some of them still work okay for now.  

I don't really want to spend too much money on new clothes as I'm losing, but I do need something to wear!  LOL.  I've been looking exclusively at sales racks the places I do go.  Although the aforementioned coat was a bit of a splurge (I needed a winter coat, and this should be good for the season anyway).

Audra

HEIGHT: 5'8"          HIGHEST WEIGHT: 285          CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

Crunchy As Can Be
on 12/8/11 11:03 pm - NY
Honestly, I am not spending hardly any money on clothing yet as I'm not sure how long I'll be in any one size of clothing. Even though my weight loss isn't anywhere near as rapid as it was at the beginning, I just can't see spending tons on clothes just because they're cute knowing that they won't fit well in a month or two.

So... I've been shopping at KMart and getting stuff there on clearance. When I'm at my goalish size I can forsee shopping at the Gap, NY&Co. and some other trendy shops. I think I'll always shop at Old Navy because their stuff is so comfy and casual (and I love their exercise clothing line!).

But for the time being, I'm sticking with cheap!
 ~~Emily~~

Mom4Jazz
on 12/8/11 11:05 pm
Old Navy especially while you're shrinking. They have SUCH great deals!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views