First meal after surgery

VeronicaJ5
on 12/17/11 12:18 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Wondering what everyone ate/will eat for the first meal after surgery when you can have soft foods?

310/190/170
sw/cw/gw
"I don't cry over spilled milk because I'm lactose intolerant"

roundater
on 12/17/11 12:36 pm - Lincoln, NE
Had beef broth and cranberry juice for my first two days out.
Rich Sonderegger

VeronicaJ5
on 12/17/11 12:37 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
I mean when you can have stuff you can chew lol
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/11 12:43 pm
Ohhhhh soft foods! I think I am going to be able to transition on Tuesday! I think I am going to GRUB! I am going to have a cheesy PIECE of an egg and then for another meal I am going to have like an ounce of refried beans with some cheese sprinkled on it and a bit of FF sour cream... andddd dinner will be.... hmmm... I don't even know! And for a snack i am going to have greek yogurt with a few spoons of SF pudding powder and milk mixed in it. SOOOOO excited. The whole day worth of food with probably be like 6-8 ounces but I'm so excited! 

I have to double check and make sure all of that is allowed but I think it is.
MsLove01
on 12/17/11 2:17 pm - WA
You will only be a week out...slow down girl...I tried one egg on week 3...beans week 4. If you transition to soon you'll have stomach cramps...i threw up the first couple times I tried soft food. Wait till week three..really.
Marlene

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/11 2:23 pm
Ohh... my surgeon does soft foods (whi*****lude all of those things) at week 1, BUT he said introduce 1 food a day.

On our full liquids, which I'm on now, he doesn't allow the same stuff as others like cottage cheese and pudding or yogurt, cream of wheat, apple sauce, etc. He just combines all of that with the soft food phase which has the eggs and refried beans in it too.  Damn... you're right though. I think I'm going to have to try all of the things I just mentioned for a while before I get my dang eggs and beans. Thanks for catching me. I got excited! :(
MsLove01
on 12/17/11 2:26 pm - WA
ok..lol...you had me worried for a second.
Marlene

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/11 2:29 pm
Thanks cuz I was really about to eat all that stuff that day!
Samantha H.
on 12/17/11 1:24 pm, edited 12/17/11 1:24 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
I have had this meal ready since I was pre-op! I am making eggface's bacon cheeseburgers! Nom nom nom!

EDIT: This is when I am on REAL food! Soft foods will be mashed cannelini beans with a bit of cheese and FF sour cream =)

VeronicaJ5
on 12/17/11 2:27 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
I've been dreaming about bacon! I got maple bacon beans! Lol
Most Active