5 Week Update - Feeling Great!

Michelle M.
on 1/3/12 4:28 am - CA
 Today marks 5 weeks, and 29lbs gone!  

Started in size 20, now I am in size 16!
I almost NEVER feel hungry,  This is a weird for me, as I feel like I was ALWAYS hungry before.  

What I am living on:  (Not all in one day!)  Greet Yogurt with a splenda and a drop of sugar free rasberry syrup.  Premeir Protein Shakes, Split pea soup, Hormel Fat Free Turkey Chili no beans, chicken noodle soup (I dont eat the noodles),  Fried egg w/ a slice of cheddar cheese on top with hot sauce, cottage cheese.

So excited for the future!

HW: 260 - PreOp: 246  

Britgal8888
on 1/3/12 4:35 am - CA
VSG on 11/28/11 with
Congratulations Michelle.  You are doing great.  I had my surgery a day before you.  I'm also living on Premier Protein Shakes, Cottage Cheese, Pureed tuna, S/F F/F pudding mix made with N/F Lactaid, Hummus, low fat soups and scrambled eggs.  Looking forward to Week 7 (Solid Stage).  Keep us posted on your progress.  I weigh in on Friday at my surgeon's office.  I hope I have done as well as you!!!!!
      LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers    

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 4:42 am - LA
You are doing great!!  Keep it up!  How do you like the Premier Shakes??  I am lacking in the protein dept and have tried a few different ones here lately and just cant stand the taste.  I drank them pre opt no problem, but I guess my taste buds changed. 

Anyways - Keep rocking it girl!!

judyk62
on 1/3/12 5:34 am - Santa Rosa, CA
 By the way, I really like the Premier shakes. They taste like chocolate milk to me.

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

judyk62
on 1/3/12 5:33 am - Santa Rosa, CA
 I was 5 weeks yesterday and I am eating pretty much the same as all of you. I have been cleared for regular foods, but am introducing them very gradually. Had a 1 ounce portion of a good quality (made at home) hamburger patty last night, and while it didn't make me sick, my stomach seemed not too happy for a few hours. I have done fine with grilled fish and today had 1/2 an orange in my pulverized protein drink. I haven't lost as much weight as you have, but my clothes are too big, and I bought a few smaller things for work at the after Christmas sales. Could be that I am a little slower, because I am 62 and you are clearly MUCH younger! Good for all of us!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

ALAN J.
on 1/3/12 5:51 am
Great job! 

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

M. Nguyen
on 1/3/12 5:51 am - TX
yay congrats! you got this! keep up the great work

bandrmom
on 1/3/12 6:01 am
 You and I are surgery buddies. I feel good as well. You would think that major surgery would mess with my TOM,  but noooo. Still right on time and as yucky as ever. It has messed with my scale this week. Congrats on ur success!
Michelle M.
on 1/3/12 7:07 am - CA
Thanks for all the encouragement! This forum has been a big support for me, any question I can think of is addressed in here somewhere. Not to mention the inspiration of everyone who has done this before me.

As for the Premier Protein shakes, I really like them. I buy the vanilla ones at Costco by the case. I have a few different sugar free syrups (chocolate, Irish cream, caramel, raspberry, coconut) and I can flavor them with what ever I am fancying at the time. They are really good without anything added too, but it gets a little boring.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views