2 oz or 3 oz

AllaP
on 1/10/12 3:02 am - Vaughan, Canada
 It takes 2 oz of dense protein for me to feel full. Then I'm hungry in about 2.5 hours. 
Yesterday I was super hungry cause I was very busy and didn't have a chance to eat and ate 3 oz of roasted chicken. It was 5:30 pm. I went to bed at 11:00 pm and couldn't even think about food so full I was. So my question is what's better at 16 weeks out: 2 oz and be hungry in 2.5 hrs or 3 oz and eat less frequently. I eat 3+1 times a day.

Thank you,
Alla.

emelar
on 1/10/12 3:06 am - TX
Split the difference and try 2.5 oz per meal.  I know it sounds like it's too little to make a difference, but with the size of your tummy, that 1/2 oz can really make a difference.  Otherwise, I'd stick with the lesser amount and possibly eat a few more planned meals/snacks.
Debra P.
on 1/10/12 3:46 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 I was told to measure, not weigh food. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/12 4:08 am
I weigh my dense protein and measure everything else, or at least that is what I did when I measured my food during the losing phase and first part of maintenance.
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/12 4:07 am
I would err on not stretching your stomach.  Two or two and a half ounces of dense protein should be enough.  If you are feeling hungry, you might want to add another small meal.  I often ate five times a day, but made sure my calories were in the range that I was shooting for at the time.  You can add in a snack of fibrous veggies and you would be surprised at how long that would keep you full.  I often eat an artichoke in the evening.  It has 10 grams of fiber and only 60 calories.  One artichoke, and I am totally full all night.
AllaP
on 1/10/12 7:31 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Thanks a lot.

Alla.

abrown8434
on 1/10/12 8:09 am - VA
I experienced this about 3-4 weeks ago. Once an hour had passed and I cute drink fluids I was starving! I would chug my water hoping this was get rid of some of the hunger and IT DIDN'T! What I had to start doing was eating a few more bites an hour or so out when I felt the hunger. Than I would wait an additional hour or so to drink my water.

That trick helped me to be full and satisfied. I guess it is just our progression and the body wanting more. I sure hope this will speed up the metabolism! Best of luck to you  :o)  .

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views