a couple of issues...am I alone?

sabrina H.
on 1/22/12 3:00 am - NE
1) Rarely go #2....like every 4 days.

2) tried coffee in my protein shake this morning....got heartburn and then nausea and dizziness??
SW=227 CW=195.8 GW=130
preop -10 month 1 -21.2
weight in wednesdays!

Lynnww666
on 1/22/12 3:05 am - Canada
The pooping ever few days seems pretty normal from my own experience and the posts I have read here. I do find that increasing water helps some and adding Benefibre or something like that to my drinks is a help also. Six months out I now go every other day and I have been told that since the amount of food we put into our bodies is so little, it really takes more time for the colon to pu**** through. In the old days when I could put a way a buffet a couple of times a day, there was just that much more bulk keeping the colon working.
And it may be a bit soon for coffee for you. I was told no coffee for a couple of months and when I tried it then it gave me heartburn but not any more so I have a coffee several days a week with no problems.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

cece58
on 1/22/12 3:08 am - CA
 I have been constipated since my surgery. I have tried everything!!! Since I am at goal now I have a little bit of high fiber cereal in the morning and I am trying to eat more fiberous vegetables. But that doesn't really help all that much. I haven't found the answer to it. Talked with the nutritionist about it and the doctor but their suggestions haven't helped. I drink lots of water, exercise, take a probiotic, drink metamucil etc. etc. If you find something that works, let me know!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/22/12 3:19 am
1) Somewhat normal.  Everyone has to find the right combination of exercise, fluids, and possibly supplements (i.e. benefiber, miralax, fiber gummies, etc) for this.  It's common in low carb high protein diets.

2) Coffee gives me heartburn too so I've had to limit it.  Remember that fluids don't stay in our stomachs very long now so every liquid goes right into our intestines.  I am more sensitive to alcohol and caffiene post-op because of this.  Those two things get absorbed much more quickly for me now and I feel it.  Strong coffee makes me jittery and dizzy.  Alcohol gets me buzzed really fast.  Neither of those feelings are things I like so I limit both.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

sabrina H.
on 1/22/12 3:33 am - NE
thanks for the help!
SW=227 CW=195.8 GW=130
preop -10 month 1 -21.2
weight in wednesdays!

janielynne
on 1/22/12 7:16 am
I have had alto of problems with this also.  Two times I almost went to the hospital with a blocked colon.  I was very painful .  I have started drinking green smoothies, several times a week.  Not only has it helped with the #2 issues. It has also helped me to increase my fruit and veggies.   I have the Ninja blender...it is amazing. It can chop anything. 
I use all kind of greens.  I has helped me to also get the vitamins that are good for my skin and hair.  We need all the help we can get in that dept.

Hope you feel better soon..

Jane

Angiekitty
on 1/22/12 9:13 am - MD
What do you put in your green smooties? I would like to try that!
frenchgrapes
on 1/22/12 3:45 am - TX
I can have decaf coffee all I want.

Constipation - I'd like to know the answer to that too.
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
jessicae
on 1/22/12 3:49 am
 i think the majority of people have contipation issues after surgery, just because of the small amount we are taking in.  i need miralax at least 2-3 days per week to be regular.  prior to surgery i would go about 3-5 times a day (TMI, i know) so this is definitely different for me! 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Aandasmommy
on 1/22/12 4:12 am
You're not alone!!!

*Brittany :)  Height:5'9 HW:265 SW:230 CW:153 GW:145
Most Active