I FORGOT TO ASK

MichelleChoinski
on 1/27/12 3:14 am - NY
I know you all aren't my Dr. but I was wondering two things I forgot to ask the surgeon.......

1.)  How many Bariatric Fusion a day do we now take after surgery?

2.)  Can you take Tums after your surgery (like next day and so on)?

TIA

LaughingCow
on 1/27/12 3:16 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I don't know what Bariatric Fusion is, so I can't answer that. What are you taking the Tums for? I'm just wondering b/c I think they usually put you on a PPI, which should eliminate the need for them. But to answer your question, I would think that as soon as you're cleared to take chewable vitamins, you'd be cleared to chew Tums.
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
MichelleChoinski
on 1/27/12 3:22 am - NY
BF Vitamins.  I should have stated that.  Sorry

I get rterrible acid reflux but Tums lately helps it alot.
I didn't know they put you on a PPI
Good to know.

Arghhhhh  So much info to remember!!!

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/27/12 4:30 am
Definitely ask the doc about the Tums.  They can allow calcium buildup in your kidney and in some cases, lead to kidney stones.  So if acid is a problem, you may want a PPI instead.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

kwiegs3856
on 1/27/12 6:47 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
On January 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM Pacific Time, Silly_Sweet wrote:
Definitely ask the doc about the Tums.  They can allow calcium buildup in your kidney and in some cases, lead to kidney stones.  So if acid is a problem, you may want a PPI instead.
I was told not to take tums/rolaid or Pepto Bismal post-op.  I'm guessing the reason is calcium buildup in the kidney.  I found that out when my 1 20mg PPI wasn't doing the trick with the acid,
I called doctor and they said to just increase my dose to 2 PPI's a day.  That did the trick!

Most Active