Has anyone else?

Tirza T.
on 3/6/12 11:15 pm
VSG on 01/17/12
I have been a stickler to my diet as perscribed to me by my NUT. I have actually lost faster in the past. So although my weightloss is not something to be ashamed, of I feel like it is slower than I would like. However, I am not too stressed about that, because I will never be able to binge eat like I did in the past and then undo all of my hardwork. For that sleeve, I love ya.
I am a nervous person that likes to stick to the eating plan and the vitamins. But has anyone else gotten completely sick of the vitamins? The vitamins were fine for me before but, lately the thought of them make me want to gag.
Anyone else go through this? And if you did, what did you do to overcome this?

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Beth S.
on 3/6/12 11:19 pm - VA
VSG on 02/22/12
I'm not sure what type of vitamins you're on...but my surgeon only has me currently on 2 flinstones complete vitamins and 4 tums ultra a day for calcium. Maybe you could use those instead???? Good luck on your journey!

hollykim
on 3/7/12 12:31 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
FYI,Flintstones are barely adequate for children,let alone adult WLS patients and Tums are made of calcium carbonate and we don';t absorb carbonate. We need  calcium citrate.

momsy55
on 3/6/12 11:32 pm - ME
The chewable vitamins I took post-op made me gag.  I went back to pills as soon as I could (at 6-wk point), and that was much better - no gagging, no aftertaste.  However, I am now taking gummy vitamins, which are ok.  The problem with the gummy vits is that they don't have the iron.  I cleared this change with the NUT, as I am post-menopausal, so I don't pass iron out of my system every month as I did before menopause.  The surgeon and I talked and she didn't think I needed to have blood work, as I have no symptoms of anemia, but we also agreed for me to talk about this with my pcp at my physical next week and let her decide about the blood work.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Rosemary1031
on 3/7/12 12:06 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
I am struggling with slow weight-loss myself; I am going into a two-week stall and it's bringing me down some. I KNOW they happen, are normal, my body is catching up, I shouldnt weigh every day, etc etc, but when you stick to the plan (as we are) it's very frustrating. Yea, the limited and sustaining portions are a blessing, but I also want to see the numbers. *sigh*

Vitamins: I opted for a liquid multi and I regretted it, I got sick of the taste quickly and it made me sick. At 3 weeks, I felt confident enough for regular tablets and went back to my one-a-day. I've never taken this many supplements in my life, so yea I get a sensitive gag reflex now and then but I trudge on. We need them. I am hoping to avoid the 6 month hair loss and other deficiency issues, so that is what keeps me going. Vitamins are absolutely necessary to our progress, just as  much as water.
but I do sympathize...  :)

Georgie Mayhem
on 3/7/12 5:23 am - New Zealand
anything I taste and dont like, I try and bypass the tastebuds on my tounge as much as possible even chewables, gross, but needed.
I bought flintstones and they are vile, here in new zealand be have a very good vitamin complete powder which I add to my shakes, slightly orange in flavour, much easier to drink down , no probs so far
good luck i do know how you feel

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 140 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 408 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 435 views