What motivated you to want to lose weight?

Suzanne B.
on 3/7/12 1:20 pm, edited 3/7/12 1:22 pm - OR
Hi there,

Almost anyone who has decided they want to shed some pounds would like it to happen fast. If you are one of the many people trying to figure out how to lose weight quick, the first thing you should think of is what motivates you to stick with a diet or new eating plan? The easiest and fastest way to lose weight is not just finding a great diet or exercise plan but finding a way to stick to it. Weight Loss Surgery was my answer for me along with eating healthy and exercise and being motivated.  Here are a few goals you might use to motivate yourself. Some might seem silly and frivolous, but all are important to someone who has been overweight for a long time and remembers how it was to feel skinny or "normal" weight.

Here is a list of things that I have heard other people and myself say about what motivated us to want to have WLS and lose the weight and keep it off forever. These things are all possible and can come true when you have Weight Loss Surgery. I had the “Sleeve" surgery with Dr. Aceves 3 ½ years ago and have maintained my 105 pound weight loss. I am sure you will recognize some of the things that motivated many of us to have weight loss surgery. It is your turn now to join us. I am here to answer any and all of your questions if you aren’t sure that it is for you.

1. Become more in shape and be able to participate in sports and outdoor activities.

2. Want to look good in that black strapless dress or that new bathing suit.

3. Being able to shop for clothes at all "normal size people" stores in the mall rather than the specialized "large size" stores or online.

4. Have more energy and stop feeling tired and run down all the time due to being overweight. Be able to go for long walks or jogging without feeling exhausted. Have enough energy to keep up with the kids.

5. Have more choices of fun and fashionable clothes. Large-size clothes are sometimes a little frumpy.

6. Show up at the class reunion looking the same size as you did in high school or college. Maybe even smaller!

7. Go horseback riding and not feel like you are too big to ride.

8. Go to the local water parks with your kids and not feel embarrassed.

9. Being able to sit down and not feel rolls of fat overflowing the sides of your jeans.

10. Being able to walk without your thighs rubbing together.

11. To be able to play sports or coach my kids in sports.

12. To actually like what my body looks like and not hide it on layers of clothes.

13. To become healthy and not be on the medications that I am on.

14. To have self-confidence and feel good about myself around people in a social gathering.

15. To feel loved by my husband again, and not feel ashamed of the weight I have gained.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
suitebliss
on 3/7/12 1:22 pm - Southfield, MI
VSG on 03/01/12
 I just wanted that ONE thing that Ive wanted all of my life and to start living

HW: 350 SW: 332 CW: 198 GW:  167
Pre-Op Loss: -7lbs M1: -23lbs (299) M2: -20 (279) M3: -8 (271) M4: -8 (263) M5: -13 (250) M6: -10 (240) M7: -7 (233) M8: -8 (225) M9: 10 (215) M11: (215) M12: 7 (208) M13:1 (207)M 14(205) M15 (203) M16 (201)

1st short term goal: 290 (done 4/16 @ 288). 2nd short term goal: 275 (done 5/20) 3rd short term goal: 250 (Aug 1) 4th short term goal: 220 (11/30) 5th short term goal 199 (wonderland) (November 2013) NEXT GOAL:  190lbs

Suzanne B.
on 3/8/12 7:24 am - OR
On March 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM Pacific Time, suitebliss wrote:
 I just wanted that ONE thing that Ive wanted all of my life and to start living
Hi,

This can and will happen for you.  Keep your short term goals alway out there.  Don't ever give up on your goals and dreams.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MommyLizzie
on 3/7/12 1:28 pm - NJ

good info.  I have not been very supported from my sister, who is avid Weigh****chers fan. 
Suzanne B.
on 3/8/12 7:28 am - OR
On March 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM Pacific Time, MommyLizzie wrote:

good info.  I have not been very supported from my sister, who is avid Weigh****chers fan. 
Hi,

Thanks I am glad you liked the information.  Sorry she hasn't been there for you, but there are a lot of us right here who galdly will be here for you.  Just let us know what we can do.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MommyLizzie
on 3/7/12 1:32 pm - NJ
My brother died young, and I made myself a promise to get healthy.  I have kids to raise. Another push for me is not recognizing that fat person in family photos is me.  I was slim until 40 and menopause.
Suzanne B.
on 3/8/12 7:29 am - OR
On March 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM Pacific Time, MommyLizzie wrote:
My brother died young, and I made myself a promise to get healthy.  I have kids to raise. Another push for me is not recognizing that fat person in family photos is me.  I was slim until 40 and menopause.
Hi,

It is never too late to start learning to take care of yourself.  I had sleeve surgery when I was 63 now I am 66 and I never have had one regret.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
tamou37
on 3/7/12 5:22 pm - Toronto/Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hi Suzanne,
Most important for me is baby. Doctor advised to lose weight before trying again. already had 8 failed ICSI and lots of hormones injected to me during the process which added to my weight gain........

Sleeved on 26/02/12 By Doctor Al Taie in Dubai

Suzanne B.
on 3/8/12 7:31 am - OR
On March 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM Pacific Time, tamou37 wrote:
Hi Suzanne,
Most important for me is baby. Doctor advised to lose weight before trying again. already had 8 failed ICSI and lots of hormones injected to me during the process which added to my weight gain........
Hi,

Start today to get yourself ready to lose weight.  Have you considered having Weight Loss Surgery.  This honestly will be your answer.  I am always here if you have question or you need help and support.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Shannon_K
on 3/7/12 9:45 pm - OK
To wear a awesome bathing suit on our boat this year. Without a skirt to cover my thighs.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views