Need to Vent - prolly OT and a bit whiny

Feystorm
on 3/30/12 12:02 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
I was sleeved on 3/14.  Surgery went well - no complications, happily home in a day. 

SINCE then tho - seems to be more problems.  Last friday, pain in my lower right back that drove me to the ER saturday night.  Pretty much was the worst ER experience of my life.  Jerk doctor treating me like I was a drug seeking liar.  No resolution or hope.  *sigh*

Yesterday my surgeon calls and says he wanted to check on me (had called them before going to ER).  I told him my story and he told me to come see him.  Soonest I can is next Tuesday.  

Today was a banner day.  I woke up this morning and had some greek yogurt.  Then took a shower.  After my shower I notice I have a rash all over my chest.  A serious red blotchy itchy rash.  I took benadryl - still there.  Didn't eat for hours (was stuck at doctor then ER with my son for an accident he had) and rash is still just as red, and now slowly spreading down.  Came home, got cortisone and spread it all over the rash.  Stopped the itching for maybe 30 minutes.  Now - itching is back and I am going insane. 

I admit, I am pretty stressed, with my son getting hurt and the constant lower back pain.. but it's starting to seem like this rash is more than I can take.  It's just a stupid rash, but with everything else, my spirits are dropping.  

Not sure what I am looking for here, I really just needed to vent.  My fiance is super-supportive, but I don't want to keep dumping on him.  I think I just need a new outlet. 

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

BriarRose
on 3/30/12 12:54 pm
Vent all you like. But I would call your surgeon. You are having an allergic reaction to something, and should get it checked out, and if you still have a backache, you should get it looked at too. You are only a couple weeks post op, and you need to rest and recooperate from surgery in order to take on your new life !!!! Feel better !
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
newme2011-2012
on 3/30/12 3:03 pm
If you are still on pain meds .. you might be allergic to them.. Sounds like the rash my daughter had from pain meds..
Hope you feel better soon..
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views