Going back to work Monday and need ideas

Mary M.
on 3/31/12 4:11 am - MD
Hi...I have to go back to work Monday 4/2/12 and not sure what to bring to keep me going all day.  I work 9:30 - 6:00.  I know I'll do a protein shake on the way to work but after that I'm not sure.  I'm still not able to eat but 1/4 cup portions of food.  I guess cheese stick for another...and somehow another protein shake before I leave for the day?  Any other suggestions would really help.
I'm also looking for a Protein Bar that tastes good (but I need Gluten Free) and I've been using Unjury Chocolate Splendor Protein powder, but need something a *****eaper (that still tastes good.)
Thank you in advance for all replies.  Everyone has always been really great to support each other on this site~
robinmarie1959
on 3/31/12 4:19 am - Canada
 what i take for my meals at work is 1 yogurt 10 almonds sometimes, i piece of bread with tuna i cant eat the whole slice so it usually does me for my next break and a protein shake

Fangirl_says
on 3/31/12 4:28 am - NC
I take a Greek yogurt (though you won't be able to eat all of it yet, so maybe take a smaller portion, or plan on eating half early and half later), a pre-made protein shake (I like AdvantEdge), and a cheese stick or two. Also flavoring for water to mix in my water bottle. If you like cottage cheese, that is another good protein source that's easy to transport. Experiment with what GF protein bars you like. I've seen several kinds, but I haven't tried them because most have tree nuts and I'm allergic to that. As for protein powder, I use the cheapest thing I can find -- Body Fortress, which I find at WalMart. I mix it into my coffee for a mocha!

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/31/12 5:00 am
Greek yogurt
Canned or pouched tuna
Canned chicken
Cottage cheese
String cheese

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

kam0520
on 3/31/12 8:22 am - AL
Here is my usual day:
I have 1/2 to 1 cup of coffee with splenda and a little non dairy creamer before work
7-- I start my shift I drink on a protein drink.  I always have water that I sip on constantly, stopping before and after meals of course.  This is also when I take my calcium citrate tablet, as well as my b12 (if i take one that day), and vit D supplement.  

9am-- I take my first break I make myself walk to the break room and get usually a cheese stick, or a yogurt, I'm not a fan of cottage cheese, but I know some people like that too.  If that just doesn't "fill me up" or I get starving hungry before my lunch at 11:30 I keep a 100 calorie pack of almonds at my desk.  

11:30--I take leftovers if we have them, but when I was first back to work after surgery I would take cheese sticks or babybel, laughing cow cheeses.  Sometimes potted meat or vienna sausages.  I also like taking just plain lunch meat.

2pm- my second break, if I am not hungry, I don't eat, but I usually am so lately I have been taking beef jerky.  I know you may not be far enough out to take that yet, but before I would usually just take a cheese stick.  You could always drink another protein shake if you want.  I don't like the powdered kind, I take EAS Advantedge ones and so it's less hassle too.  

Sugar free Jello is always easy to take in the beginning.  There are individual portions of mashed potatoes if you aren't counting carbs just yet.  Sugar free pudding with some protein powder was always great to take too.  

GOOD LUCK!  Besure and take a little more than you think you'll need and try not to get so caught up in your first day back.  My first day back I didn't space my food out right and ended up in a meeting and my blood sugar plummetted.  It will take some tweeking to figure out what works for you.  :)
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
workn2bthin
on 3/31/12 8:32 am
Yoplait yogurt is very small, they also have individual sized cottage cheeses -- which with a little salt and bepper isn't bad at all. Can you eat tuna salad yet? a little tuna with some light mayo in a small container works. little garlic powder, salt and pepper and thyme -- pretty good. It won't be long before you'll be able to eat almost everything, but take it slow. I'm 6 months out and still not eating bread or pasta -- I've almost decided to give it up except for very special occaisions.

abrown8434
on 3/31/12 8:36 am - VA
I would stay away from the protein bars--they are full of sugar and carbs and not enough protein in comparison. Take you a sandwich bag or container of protein powder with your scoop and Blender Cup so you can mix it with water (cups are available at Walmart for about $6).

Also, beef jerky has a lot of protein and if you can carry tuna fish with you it slides down easy and has tons of protein. I'm not sure when you had surgery, but if you are in the soft foods stage you can also try some Wendy's chili and chew real well.

Best of luck to you!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

lucy2e
on 3/31/12 9:10 am - Laurel, MD
 When I first went back I took string cheese, greek yogurt, canned chicken with mayo, and taco meat.  String cheese was always my best friend!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views