WTF?

ChristiS1985
on 4/7/12 9:15 pm - TN
 I am so freakin emotional and sad right now. I waited and struggled to have weight loss surgery for three years! I was sleeved on 4/2 and I've pretty much been in pain and miserable since then. I'm not sleeping and that even taking my ambien. Ugh I just want to be well again. My family leaves today and I live alone and I don't wanna be by myself yet. This is horrible. I feel so ungrateful.  Please tell me it gets better. :/
peeches35
on 4/7/12 9:38 pm
VSG on 04/03/12
hello beautiful it does get better i was sleeve on the 3 I have no pain thank god I did the first and second day try to get your liquid in remember you need to walk to release the gas pain that's probably what you are having sit up when you drink try to wait awhile before laying down I hope you feel better sweetie and if you need anyone to talk to please feel free to hit me up take care and god bless remember go walk walk and sip sip

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

sweettooth58
on 4/7/12 9:42 pm - IL
I was sleeved on Thursday and my familyI will be leaving to today. I to will be by myself today too..
You are going to be fine. I have a friend that had said if I want her to stay she will.
I think I am going to do better by myself. I don't have pain just some discomfort and maybe that is what you have. Good luck and I am sure everything is going to be fine...
Take care!!!
seeingmyselfthere
on 4/7/12 10:04 pm
VSG on 03/07/12
 good morning christi! i just couldn't pass by your post without saying this - you are going to be okay. i promise. i felt just like you a few weeks ago and the pain is real. it's not emotions and it's not just in your head. you had major surgery - and unfortunately for some of us it's very intense and lasts longer than others. but it will pass. the most important things you can do right now is to stay calm - find a way to relax - stressing only makes it worse. keep a journal - sometimes writing what you're feeling helps bring perspective of bigger picture. track even the smallest improvements - every bit counts. lastly, rest sip walk sip rest. stay hydrated and help move that gas out.

remember, pain is real - and so are our feelings of loneliness. the two of them combined can make for a doozy. but you're on the other side of one of the most important decisions of your life. it really only gets better from here. i'll be praying for you hun that your recovery will be expedited. :-)

onemoretry
on 4/7/12 11:16 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Christi, I agree with everyone else. The pain does get better. Sip and Walk, I am struggling with the sipping thing myself, but I encourage you to do as much as you can.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/8/12 12:53 am
What you are going through is very normal.  I also felt like crap the first week and wondered what in the HELL I did to myself.  BUT, it gets better.  Every day got a little easier and now I feel like a million bucks!!!  

Sip, walk, rest, repeat.  And know that it gets better but those first few weeks can be really hard!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

TonjaTLC
on 4/8/12 12:59 am - Southlake, TX
Thank you for posting this.  It helps to know your not alone in your thoughts.  Mine was Wed. and it hurts to the point it is hard to sit and get up or pick anything off the floor.  The incisions are where the pain is the worst.  The gas is getting better though.
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
frenchgrapes
on 4/8/12 1:34 am - TX
What they said above - and, the bad times do pass. Hope you feel better soon.
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
kahlana
on 4/8/12 1:48 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Hey Christi, sending virtual hugs! I know its hard to be alone especially when you have a lot of pain but you fought hard for your health up to this point so don't give up now. Something that helped me so much when I got home from the hospital was a king sized heating pad. When I was not walking ot sleeping I had that thing on high and wrapped around wherever I was uncomfortable. I have to say that I didn't have a lot of pain after my surgery mainly was just uncomfortable and couldn't find an easy position to be in for any length of time.
Another thing, you may want to call your friends and have them stop by to see you even if just for a few minutes. I had fabulous friends who popped in just to give me a squeeze and that helped a lot with the healing too. Sending a few more virtual hugs your way. Hope you feel better soon!

My Blog My Facebook

cariveau98
on 4/8/12 3:36 am
It DOES get better!  The first week was the worst for me.  I went back to work exactly one week after my surgery and it was rough but with each day it got SO much better.  It will be two weeks tomorrow and I can't even express to you how much better I feel!  I went shopping yesterday, no fatigue, no lightheadedness.  The best thing you can do is really try and get all your water in.  At first I know its hard, but really push yourself, you will feel so much better the more water you get in.  It does get better!!  I feel like my old self, except I can only eat an ounce or two at time now.  :o)  Hang in there!
5'8" HW 279  SW 232  VSG 3/26/12  GW 160    
Most Active