Just wont stop

ladyshai27
on 4/12/12 10:36 am - SC
 Ive been sick for two days now. Ive had diarrhea and today Ive become lightheaded and developed a headache on top of the diarrhea. I have taken immodium,drank ginger ale,gatorade,water,and I aldo have tried to eat crackers. Nothing will stay in me. I am miserable. Any advice?  Called the doc he says its a virus but I dont have any vomiting just diarrhea. 

Please help!
Sick of being SICK!
peeches35
on 4/12/12 11:03 am
VSG on 04/03/12
drink some ginger tea you will feel better, sorry that you are sick stay bless

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

AmberK
on 4/12/12 11:04 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
What about some soup? I hope you feel better soon! 
Marabell
on 4/12/12 11:15 am
VSG on 06/07/12
any fever?

if you can...eat a little bit of rice...if you cannot...then make some REALLY watery rice...sorta like soup..then strain it and drink some of the liquid...dont add anything to it except a pinch of salt...i know...sounds gross...and it pretty much is.....but the rice water will help to bind you up a bit and the salt will replace some if the lost potassium

feel better soon and KEEP DRINKING!!!

bigtigger1010
on 4/12/12 11:16 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
have u tried any probiotics? like the yogurt with active cultures or there r pills and powdered form now (lactinex)... it helps restore good bacteria in ur GI tract and can help shorten episodes...

also, have u been on anti-biotics recently? or even if not, if it doesn't resolve soon, u may wanna see if they'll test u for C-Diff... it won't go away without meds and is highly contagious... It usually has a very distinct smell, but not always...

That said, hopefully it's just a 48 hr bug and u'll feel better tommorrow!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

Marabell
on 4/12/12 11:20 am
VSG on 06/07/12
yeah...good idea...you definately want to take probiotics...even after you are better

miciaRN
on 4/12/12 11:23 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
Sorry you are not feeling well. I know how horrible that can be. It sounds like the lightheadedness and headache may be caused by dehydration from the diarrhea. It could be a virus causing the diarrhea. Perhaps you could talk your doc into doing a lab test to see if it is in fact a virus. I was feeling like you are for the first couple of weeks after the surgery. Have you had VSG? Perhaps it is just as a result of that. I know a lot of people get pretty bad diarrhea afterward and I was certainly one of them. I didn't have a virus (as far as I know), I just attributed it to the fact that I was only taking in liquids and the nature of the surgery. Just make sure you stay properly hydrated and the Gatorade is a good way to replenish the electrolytes you will be losing. Also, you may want to avoid things that can be irritating to you GI system like caffeine, spicy foods, greasy/fatty foods, and dairy products except yogurt (if you're eating those things). They can make it worse. 

ladyshai27
on 4/12/12 11:30 am - SC
Yes Ive had VSG. Im 4 mths out as of next week and this is the second virus ive had since surgery. I might need to get my c diff checked for real. 
miciaRN
on 4/12/12 11:39 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
 Yeah you should definitely get checked to see whether it is c.diff and not a virus. C.diff can be nasty little bacteria and you certainly do not want it. I've seen many patients in absolute agony with it. Of course they were in the hospital and had it really bad, but it didn't look pleasant. 

ladyshai27
on 4/12/12 11:27 am - SC
 I will definately get the probiotics... I hope it will pass soon. Its like really almost uncontrollable.
Most Active