Pre-Op Cheating & Therapy

Fat2Flaca R.
on 4/19/12 2:23 am, edited 4/19/12 2:29 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 So Im on day 9 and I cheated again. This lead me to a series of thoughts that went like this?

Am I ready for this procedure?
I can hurt myself or die if I do this post op!
Wow I told a lot of people in my community an theyre looking to me to see change, why cant i control my impulses?
Should I call my doctors office and tell the nurse that ive cheated multiple times? (Day 6 white castle, Day 7 Can Ravioli, Day 8 Large slice of Pizza-I know horrible choices. Ive read where folks will sometimes have lean meat to satisfy them )
Is this normal? have other people gone through this?

The rest of the the days I have been drinking nothing but liquids but I know this is horrible! I actually called my therapist and am going to see her this sunday evening because i want to make sure i'm truly processing this life change and its serious permanent nature. Today and until my sleeve date ,4/25, I plan on not cheating no matter what, but I I cant help but wonder if this happened to anyone else. I havent weighed myself so I dont know how much I've lost, but Im pretty disheartend. Im not goingto beat myself up over this for much longer but I feel so low.

Any advice would be appreciated.

VSG on 4/25/12  SW400   Before Liquid Diet 377  After Liquid Diet 366  CW 234  GW 180 

Fat2Flaca.com Fat2Flaca.Tumblr.com Facebook.com/Fat2Flaca   Twitter.com/Fat2Flaca ThickThrift.bigcartel.com  

pcannedy
on 4/19/12 3:54 am - Sacramento, CA
I have slipped the past three weeks, but overall I am happy I had weight loss surgery.   I am drinking water, having boiled eggs, and shrimp nothing else for two days.  I had gained 10 lbs, before, and lost it in two weeks just by water and protein.  Hi protein works.  I am suffering with a bad back and might need surgery; so I let the stress get to me.  Why did you eat?  hungery?

disneyfan551
on 4/19/12 4:02 am - Great Smoky Mountains, NC
VSG on 05/07/12
Don't feel bad about this!  You can do it!! 

I'm on Day 4 and I've been constantly thinking about food.  And wanting to cheat also.  I think it's normal for almost anyone in our shoes.  We just have to keep our eyes on the prize! 
Ms. Poker Face
on 4/19/12 5:14 am
The preop diet is one of the hardest part of this whole process.  There's no easy way around it.  But, you have to pull yourself together and get on board!  You are about to have major surgery and your doctor gave you instructions of how to prepare!  You are trusting him with your LIFE so you have to get your head in the game.  It's not easy, I know this, but it's vital to your success.  And you are also right about post op... if you cheat, you could HURT yourself. 

I think seeing your therapist is a great idea.  Set your plan, prepare everything so it's easy and there are no excuses, and then JUST DO IT!  Believe in yourself and know that you are worth it!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Fat2Flaca R.
on 4/19/12 8:20 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 Thanks soooo much for the pep talk. Honestly I started to evaluate that all of the cheats happened at night because im staying up way too late so in addition to the therapist i'll be going to bed sooner. Ill be posting my progress.

VSG on 4/25/12  SW400   Before Liquid Diet 377  After Liquid Diet 366  CW 234  GW 180 

Fat2Flaca.com Fat2Flaca.Tumblr.com Facebook.com/Fat2Flaca   Twitter.com/Fat2Flaca ThickThrift.bigcartel.com  

ajporter14
on 4/19/12 10:37 am - gainesville , FL
 maybe you your problem is you are eating out of boredom, which means you have the head hunger! I think you should try distracting yourself next time you are craving! Go out to run errands or something! This usually works for me when I am trying to avoid a craving, even though I am not on my pre-op diet yet! Good luck and I would talk to you dr if it continues! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views