REALLY DUMB QUESTION

MichelleChoinski
on 4/27/12 5:23 am - NY
Is there such a thing as protein pills for those days you just can't get it in???

Jesse50
on 4/27/12 5:30 am
NO
Kevin H.
on 4/27/12 5:32 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
They do make protein drinks though like Cytomax Protein.  It has 40g of protein per bottle.  I drink those when I'm not getting it with food.

MichelleChoinski
on 4/27/12 5:35 am - NY
Does it taste gross?  I am still having trouble getting the drinks down.  I am losing my hair etc.  I am trying really hard but I'm not going to drink it down and throw it up.  All tests have revealed that I am "mechanically" fine.  Just a VERY slow healer.

Kevin H.
on 4/27/12 5:38 am, edited 4/27/12 5:39 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
It is very strong tasting but I mix it with water 50/50 to lighten the taste.  I get the Tangerine flavor and its like an orange soda sorta.  Not bad at all mixed with the water.  Its 100% whey protein so its ok for us and not the garbage like the other stuff mentioned below.

MichelleChoinski
on 4/27/12 6:00 am - NY
THANKS DARLIN!

Kevin H.
on 4/27/12 6:14 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
Your very welcome!  I get it at the Vitamine Shoppe.  If you dont have one of those around you someplace like it that sells vitamins should have it.  It's rather expensive but a lot less then the amount of money I used to spend eating out all the time.

Best of luck to you!  Darlin  

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/27/12 5:35 am
They make protein pills and protein "shots" and protein "bullets" but all of them are garbage and should not be used to get your protein in.  Use protein shakes and protein powders until you can get protein from food.  Shoot, even at 10 months post op, I still do a protein shake almost every day.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/12 6:00 am
You know there really are no dumb questions, but your question did make me smile.  Think about the size of the pill you would have to swallow to get all of your protein in.  Ouch.
Kevin H.
on 4/27/12 6:15 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
I'm gonna have to try me some Elina green chicken soup sometime :)

Most Active