Latino Post Op Food Blogs?

Fat2Flaca R.
on 5/7/12 3:18 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 So, I have researched my butt off to find a website where there are Latino focused recipes for post-op folks. I found a few tex-mex and mexican inspired dishes spinkled here and there, but not any websites with majority Latino puree, soft food and reg food ideas...plus I'm Carribean and our food has a whole other swing to it than tradtional Mexican inspired dishes. So, Anyway... Have any other folks found that there isn't a high visibility of Latino support communities withing the wls community? Like a forum or group or fb or anywhere we can share our specific experience? I appreciate everyones support and contributions to these channels of support, regardless or cultural background, but its always nice to be able to have an in group perspective as well. 

XOXOXO,
Jada1985

VSG on 4/25/12  SW400   Before Liquid Diet 377  After Liquid Diet 366  CW 234  GW 180 

Fat2Flaca.com Fat2Flaca.Tumblr.com Facebook.com/Fat2Flaca   Twitter.com/Fat2Flaca ThickThrift.bigcartel.com  

Ms Shell
on 5/7/12 3:44 am - Hawthorne, CA
Yeah I don't have nothing for you darlin.  But maybe if you tell me some of the dishes you prepare I can help you make them "better" for you.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Fat2Flaca R.
on 5/7/12 3:56 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 Well, I began a notebook of recipes and have made the "healthier pureed verision and cant wait to get to soft foods to try them at that consistency, but as soon as I transfer them online i will include them in a blog here on OH! Thank you so much for your support. I think I may have to pursue blooging about my experience to contribute to the issue of lack of latino representation in the WLS community and hope that others like you can contribute by sharing your advice. :)

VSG on 4/25/12  SW400   Before Liquid Diet 377  After Liquid Diet 366  CW 234  GW 180 

Fat2Flaca.com Fat2Flaca.Tumblr.com Facebook.com/Fat2Flaca   Twitter.com/Fat2Flaca ThickThrift.bigcartel.com  

Pura Vida
on 5/7/12 4:59 am - Costa Rica
Not too many Latinas that want to lose that booty! I live in a Latino country and I have found that I focus on beans, fish, ceviche...yummy! I basically have my "casado" without the rice, so beans, meat, green or cabbage salad.

Fat2Flaca R.
on 5/7/12 5:52 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 lol ya tu sabes que a los latinos tener booty es mejor! lol. I dont intend on losing that asset though. lol jk. Es que es deficil a encontrar otra Latinas online porque, para mi, nosotras nos entendemos mejor no? Anyway, congrats on reaching your goal!

peeches35
on 5/7/12 5:54 am
VSG on 04/03/12
you can start your own latino forum on here that will be great

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

Fat2Flaca R.
on 5/7/12 10:35 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 04/25/12
 I sure did!!!

bunnymom
on 5/7/12 6:54 am
Buena Suerte Amigita! From someone who is enthralled, inebriated, madly in love with, all foods Mexican/Caribbean. Sigh......how I long for my homemade tortillas. (Have given up wheat). Soon, when I am comfortable with maintenance, may incorporate some corn flour back into my cooking. Until then, it is homemade rajas with cream/cilantro and my homemade roasted tomatillo/onion/garlic/olive oil/cilantro/jalapeno sauce that I dip everything into. Hey, you are making me hungry! (The easiest food to obsess about is Tex/Mex, but I have found you can do alot of it without carbs, just roasted meats, chilis, sauces, cheeses.) Yes, life without high carbs is certainly an adventure.
Bunnymom            
SuzanneR
on 5/7/12 7:12 am - Randolph, NJ
In my house it's a free for all! We are Cuban and Italian. So we had beans yesterday made with morcilla, peppers, cilantro and culantro..some tomato sauce etc I had them solo and my family had them with the ever present arroz of course! I have not had bread, pasta or rice since my surgery and I don't miss them (yet)

I would love to hear about more healthy ways to cook our favorites. I know I will be eliminating most of the carbs.

Ms Shell
on 5/7/12 8:15 am - Hawthorne, CA
So I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ladies blog  http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results 

I typed in tortillas and came up with a few of her recipes.

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views