Thinking about having this surgery....

Saukratees
on 5/8/12 10:34 pm - GA
VSG on 11/14/12
 If you had to have this type of surgery again, would you?  Why?
kcquilter
on 5/8/12 10:52 pm
I would, this is the best thing I have done for myself...I have more energy then I have in years, I look better then I have in years, I'm off all my BP & cholesterol meds, I love shopping, I feel better about myself....& the list goes on.

You have come to the right place to ask that question.  Best wishes & you make this important decision.

Bobbie
Lina P.
on 5/8/12 10:56 pm - Bolton, Canada
Absolutely.

I wouldn't have wasted years and years of joining weight loss centres, money and struggling all those years.

VSG is a no brainer.
Height: 5 ft - Age: 42
Bougie size: 36 oversewn to 34  
 CW: 135 lbs
Happy in the 130's but... On to my second goal!

bigmama3
on 5/8/12 11:06 pm

I would have it again in a heartbeat!  In fact, having gone through the surgery, I would even go to Mexico if I wasn't approved through the insurance carrier.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

dianegib
on 5/8/12 11:23 pm - OH
Most definately! I've not had any problems.Sorry that I waited so long. My life is back. I don't avoid the mirror or hide from a camera. I sleep must better, no more snoring. Blood sugars are normal again. No more knee pain. I LOVE clothes shopping. The list goes on and on.
dejahsmom096
on 5/9/12 12:00 am
Would do it again in a heart beat. This has been the easiest way for ME to loose weight. In the beginning I thought I would never enjoy food again. I was wrong. I can honestly say that I can live the rest of my life on this plan and not feel deprived. I feel great, haven't had an complications, can drink and eat with no problems. I love everything this tool has done for me. I also like fitting into smaller sizes. I knew from the start this was the surgery for me and I fought to get it. I wish you the best.
T.R       

Rosemary1031
on 5/9/12 12:28 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
Yes yes and yes. I would go through the entire experience again if I had to. No diet that I've ever tried in my entire life has kept me this accountable and restricted. My sleeve feels natural to me now and I mind and respect when it is satisfied.

Your food cravings will change but there is also a level of discipline it takes to change them, but I find the discipline is easier with this surgery than it is without.

Do it. Don't hesitate.  :)

felicity2u
on 5/9/12 12:41 am - LA
Why? Look at the numbers below, 308lbs to 155 in 12 months. Enough said, lol. This surgery saved my life and gave me a new one that I can now enjoy to the fullest. I would do it again in a heartbeat and have gotten four friends to do it for themselves and every one of them thanks me every day! Now, don't do it because I tell you it's great. Like I tell everyone, you have to be ready. This surgery is 90% mental and 10% physical. This is a permanent lifestyle change and change in the way you eat. You are the only one that can tell yourself that you are ready!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Phatchick
on 5/9/12 1:14 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
I like many, regret waiting so long to have the sleeve surgery. I finally have control over my life. I control food, food does not control me. The pouch being smaller is just one part of this process. Other things occurred for me. I no longer desire sugar and hi-calorie foods, I am never hungry, and my taste buds love low calorie foods now. I would recommend this surgery to anyone who is obese. Best, Sharon

Saukratees
on 5/9/12 3:46 am - GA
VSG on 11/14/12
Thank you all! I am totally sold!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views