Venting

suitebliss
on 7/1/12 11:27 am - Southfield, MI
VSG on 03/01/12
 Ok, I've tried many things, but somehow I think I maybe failing at this whole VSG thing.  Although, my weighloss seems pretty consistent with what I've seen from everyone else.  I'm having a hard time staying away from Carbs.  I once loss 60lbs  doing low carb years ago and it wasn't an issue because I could eat.  Now, I eta a wing ding or two and that's it.  I know its what's expected after surgery, but I'm running out of options.  I like cheese, but I've been trying to stay away because its high in calories and backs me up.  Eating really gets frustrating and hard, I tried 2 or 3 protein shakes a day, but I've gotten to the point where they give me the foamies because I've drank so many of them.  I know I sound like a baby right now, but I'm being honest.  And after all of this I'm staring to rely on carbs, surprisingly don't really go over 60g of carbs because I can't eat very much, but I'm scarred that the more I'm able to eat the more carbs I'll rely on.

I don't bother cooking because I'm single and I find myself wasting a lot of food.  I know at this point its trail and error, but I need to know if anyone has some advise for me.  I ask that you all please be gentle because I've been beating myself up for all of this for awhile.  Thanks for any advice.

HW: 350 SW: 332 CW: 198 GW:  167
Pre-Op Loss: -7lbs M1: -23lbs (299) M2: -20 (279) M3: -8 (271) M4: -8 (263) M5: -13 (250) M6: -10 (240) M7: -7 (233) M8: -8 (225) M9: 10 (215) M11: (215) M12: 7 (208) M13:1 (207)M 14(205) M15 (203) M16 (201)

1st short term goal: 290 (done 4/16 @ 288). 2nd short term goal: 275 (done 5/20) 3rd short term goal: 250 (Aug 1) 4th short term goal: 220 (11/30) 5th short term goal 199 (wonderland) (November 2013) NEXT GOAL:  190lbs

Mom78
on 7/1/12 11:36 am
VSG on 02/10/12
When you say carbs, what are you eating?
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

tillmadd
on 7/1/12 11:38 am - WI
 I understand your frustration my weight has slowed and I am coming up on 8 months out. For me i had to increase exercise & go back to logging food. Stay away from too many carbs. I try to keep my carbs to only my fruits/veggies. You have a great tool just start over and refocus. Things I eat to stay on track: eggs, deli meat, all kind of fish(tuna, sardines, shrimp, salmon) the more the better, beans, meatballs, turkey meatballs, protein bars, nuts, cheese, yogurt, chicken, beef, gyro lamb meat, salami,
peanutbutter, protein shakes/smoothies. I hope you can get back on track!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

acbbrown
on 7/1/12 11:43 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'll be as gentle as I can but from the sound of this - you are full of a lot of excuses right now. You need to figure out if there's something going on in your life underlying all of this.

Let me be honest - I've been on my WL journey for TWO YEARS. It's tough. I'm tired. I hate it. I hate the obsession with food, calories, carbs, the scale - all of it. But no matter how tired I am, and how much id like to just say screw it and eat whatever is convenient, I cannot. It's not an option.

You need to work on adopting a mind set that food is fuel and that you need to eat to live rather than live to eat. We don't need to love everything that we eat, but dont eat things that you absolutely hate either.

I dont believe that you are going to get foamies because you drank too many shakes. That sounds like an excuse. But the solution is to stop drinking so many shakes - See a lot of the recent posts for new snack ideas, etc.

Being single isnt an excuse not to cook - I'm single, and i detest being in the kitchen. So, my solution - I cook once a week. I make my breakfasts and lunch for the week. I eat a lot of frozen foods like seasoned talapia filets, morning star burgers, grilled shrimp, etc. (not forzen dinners though). So what if you waste a little food? Its not an excuse to just not cook period. You absolutely have to change your life style and if you took a survey of healthy, weight stable people - they cook! They dont eat out a lot and they dont rely on processed frozen foods/carb heavy meals.

Carbs are convenient. They taste better. They make us feel good. And then, they make us fat. So, take your pick. What kind of life do you really want to live?

Really work on getting rid of the excuses - its a mental mindset that is very counter productive. It's going to be hard work - yes, but you've come this far - don't give up yet. As soon as you start thinking you are a failure, it will become like a self-fulfilled prophecy....so dont go there.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Elaine2
on 7/1/12 11:46 am - Atlanta, GA
Damn you're good!
natalie37
on 7/1/12 12:06 pm - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
well said Allison! Sometimes we all need this reminder!
Natalie
Elaine2
on 7/1/12 11:43 am - Atlanta, GA
Gently I say---At 4 months (today?) out, could do just one shake and get the rest of your protein from your food? Are you falling back on the carbs because you can get pre packaged, "no cooking" required stuff? It's not necessary. There are so many easy options out there, other than cheese only, that you can plan and execute.

Listen, I didn't turn on the stove once the whole year pre op. That's the truth. Wasn't a cook and hated it because I got home so late and the high carb stuff from fast food and cracker boxes was easy. I'm also single and have no one to dump leftovers to...single isn't an excuse!  So now I plan

Take some time and list the proteins and veggies you like. Write up some meals. Take 1-2 hours and cook some stuff then cut it down, baggie it up, put in veggies and freeze. You have lunch and dinner always on hand. I prep about 30 days at one time.

Some easy ideas---cut down a rotisserie chicken (3 oz?) plus 1/4 cup frozen veggies; Hormel lean pork tenderloins, lean ground beef with seasoning, divide out pre cooked shrimp. There's lots of possibilities.  It just takes some planning.

olderbutwiser
on 7/1/12 12:15 pm
 Nicely said!!

suitebliss
on 7/1/12 12:23 pm - Southfield, MI
VSG on 03/01/12
 Thanks for all of the honest advice.  I guess I do make excuses but some of it is honest to God honest.  I got home today about 4:30 after eating a grilled chicken wing, green beans and a few spoonfuls of frozen yogurt and I've had the foamies every since.  

I really do appreciate all the honesty and will work on my excuses and getting in the kitchen more.

HW: 350 SW: 332 CW: 198 GW:  167
Pre-Op Loss: -7lbs M1: -23lbs (299) M2: -20 (279) M3: -8 (271) M4: -8 (263) M5: -13 (250) M6: -10 (240) M7: -7 (233) M8: -8 (225) M9: 10 (215) M11: (215) M12: 7 (208) M13:1 (207)M 14(205) M15 (203) M16 (201)

1st short term goal: 290 (done 4/16 @ 288). 2nd short term goal: 275 (done 5/20) 3rd short term goal: 250 (Aug 1) 4th short term goal: 220 (11/30) 5th short term goal 199 (wonderland) (November 2013) NEXT GOAL:  190lbs

acbbrown
on 7/1/12 1:45 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Honest to God honest and excuses dont have to be two separate things. I was in a lot of pain today (truth) and I could have chosen not to cook, but I did it anyways. 

Perhaps your foamies may be the speed at which you are eating  and not related to what or how much? That's the only time I get the foamies - if I eat too fast or take a super giant size bite of something. 

it just took me 2 hours to cook and prepare all my food/meals for the week. It sucks, im cranky, my back hurts, but guess what, I don't have to do anything for another 7 days. Really is a good trade off in my opinion. I eat the same old boring stuff all week, none of it is particularly tasty, but hey, it gets me through the week. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 231 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 306 views