GNC unflavored protein

nomorebigp
on 7/13/12 6:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
 Has anyone tried the GNC brand unflavored protein?
stephanieplum
on 7/13/12 6:32 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 I've been using it to make shakes and I also put it in my soups:). It works for me. 

Shagdoll
on 7/13/12 6:34 am, edited 7/13/12 6:35 am
I have and I will admit, I tolerated it for the 1st 2-3 weeks after surgery only because that was all I could handle. I was putting it in my G2 & Vitamin Water Zero drinks.
Just remember, it's unflavored BUT it's not tasteless. You can definitely taste something there. Try the smaller pouch before getting the larger tub. You may like it. Otherwise if you like RTD shakes, Premier shakes are 30 grams of protein each.
Hope you like it; I know some people do.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

stephanieplum
on 7/13/12 6:57 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 Isn't funny how different our taste buds are!!!  I tolerated Premeire Protein the the first couple of weeks and they made my tummy ache/bloat. A lot of people like them, tho...you just have to try until you find something you like. 

nomorebigp
on 7/13/12 6:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
 Thank ladies...was going to order the Unjury brand before I found this one. 
acbbrown
on 7/13/12 8:37 am - Granada Hills, CA
I havent tried unflavored but I get GNC's Super Sport Performance Isolated Whey Protein in Vanilla is absolutely wonderful. I use it in a lot of shakes and even just my coffee. It tastes good mixed w/any flavor because it's not over powering - very mild flavoring.

It's fairly expensive but nutrtionally, works great for me.   130 cal/30g high quality protein/4 g carbs.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

kimbethin
on 7/13/12 4:59 pm - CA
I like to mix it with dannon light and fit in yogurt because I don't like greek yogurt.  I used it in soup and sugar free jello durung the liquid stages.  It doesn't change the flavor of the things I mix it in.  If the soup is too hot, it's not good for the protein so be careful about that.  Also, for cold things I like to mix it and set it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so before eating to allow the powder to be absorbed.   Make sure to keep your face away from the powder bag or jar- it doesn't smell very good.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Starfish40
on 7/14/12 1:25 am
VSG on 03/06/12 with
 This is the one I use for everything. I even add to my coffee in the mornings.  I taste a little bit of it, but it is tolerable for me.  I have added to other recipes and it seems to do the trick. 

HW: 333, SW : 300 CW: 275. GW; 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views