Surgery Canceled

Just_Tash
on 7/13/12 1:24 pm
VSG on 11/26/12
 With only 4 days to go, my surgery has been canceled. My thyroid levels are at an all time high- Graves Disease. I'm so sad. I wasn't expecting this. I just feel like I cant win. Now back to more tests, more medication. I'm so tired of problem after problem.
I know I can reschedule my surgery once my thyroid gets under control, but I don't even know if I feel like going thru this process all over again.

Missey J.
on 7/13/12 1:30 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12
I understand how your feeling.....don't give up hon. We both know its the right thing to do for us !

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Ohiogirl
on 7/13/12 1:29 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 I am so sorry for your disappointment.  Hopefully you'll get it all taken care of and then be able to make the decision to have the surgery.  {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} to you

Lee ~
on 7/13/12 1:46 pm - CA
 Please don't give up. They will get you sorted out.

Sending hugs your way!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

pudgypants
on 7/13/12 2:37 pm
I have graves disease and had to have orbital decompression from it. If you need to vent or have questions, please feel free to ask me...I know what it's like. This is a VERY DIFFICULT disease!!!

I am going to FIRE LANE BRYANT!!!     

VSG: 12/10/12  HW: 247   SW: 226   CW: 205.6  GW: 150 

pineview01
on 7/13/12 2:39 pm - Davison, MI
That has to be heart breaking for you.  So sorry to hear this

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

KSqtpie
on 7/13/12 3:18 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
I feel your pain! I fell down the stairs and broke my back only 2 weeks before my surgery. I had to recover from a spinal fusion, but 3 1/2 months later here I am sleeved and happy! It will happen for you too. It's better for your body to be completely healthy so you will have a successful recovery! Don't give up
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/12 4:05 pm
As hard as it is for you right now, please don't give up hope! VSG is so worth the wait. ONce you get your thyroid levels squared away, VSG will be there for you. Don't despair.
My heart goes out to you. I konw you must be feeling so let down and discouraged! 
RyanJS
on 7/13/12 4:13 pm - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
Dont give up your dream of a healthy life. I too had my surgery cancelled. However, mine was cancelled while I was under anesthesia in the operating room. To be awaken from anesthesia only to be told they could not perform the surgery was a bummer but I didn't let it get me down. Instead I stayed on track, and took care of the issue that occurred before surgery. I was rescheduled for surgery and am loving my life in maintenance. Everything happens for a reason but dont give up. Stay positive and know it will happen if you really want it too.

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Pobearsam7
on 7/13/12 11:14 pm
Don't. Give up!!! My surgery was cancelled bcuz I was diagnosis w/ high blood pressure during pre-op and the cardiologist could not get it down in time before my pre-op diet. I just had the vsg on 6-27... So stay positive and count this as a blessing.. Everyone wants to make sure everything is stable w/ you before you have the surgery.
Most Active