Vitamin question

mjs620
on 7/18/12 10:37 pm
 I'm pre-op and taking 2 of the gummy adult vitamins! Should I be taking any other vitamins? What about Calcium?
Bf516
on 7/18/12 10:48 pm
I do not in my booklet from my surgeon it says not to take gummy vit.
I'm also preop!
chickerson605
on 7/18/12 10:58 pm - La Vergne, TN
I guess it depends on the doc. I am taking Calcium, B12, Multi-vitamin and Vitamin D. These are based on the lab results of what my body needs. I'm sure your doc will do follow-up blood work off and on to make sure you are getting what you need.

vogue
on 7/18/12 11:40 pm, edited 7/18/12 11:40 pm
VSG on 08/30/12
On July 19, 2012 at 5:58 AM Pacific Time, chickerson605 wrote: I guess it depends on the doc. I am taking Calcium, B12, Multi-vitamin and Vitamin D. These are based on the lab results of what my body needs. I'm sure your doc will do follow-up blood work off and on to make sure you are getting what you need.

this is also what I take but I also take iron & biotin....

Like others I was told no gummy vitamins
Tirza T.
on 7/18/12 11:01 pm
VSG on 01/17/12
I was also told no gummies. I began taking all the vitamins they wanted me to take after surgery during the pre-op diet phase in order to get used to it. I had to take calcium citrate with D, iron, multi-vit daily and b-12 every other day. Good luck on your journey....Vitamins are very important. Sometimes I think "this is way too much vitamins we are taking" and then I get my lab work back and everything is normal (the levels are not too high) so the Doctors know what they are doing. Follow their plan as best you can. Can't wait to greet you on the losers bench.

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Mrs.Nichole
on 7/19/12 2:04 am - OK
VSG on 03/20/12
I was told no gummy vit's as well.  I take a probiotic, iron, vit D, calcium and multi vitamin. I take the calcium chews.

HW*260  Day of Surgery *247    CW*140

Feystorm
on 7/19/12 4:16 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I take gummy vitamins and have since I got home from the hospital.  The chewable multivitamins made me ill.  As in vomiting all over my kitchen ill.  I was already taking a gummy vitamin D.  I called my nutritionist - she advised me to take the gummies.  Earlier this week - I tried to take the chewables again.  Five minutes or less later - I was vomiting.  I wanted to try them again to see if I could tolerate them (and since they cost me so damned much money, I don't like them sitting there going to waste).  Some people's stomach just cannot tolerate the minerals in a multi chewable.  My surgeon said it doesn't matter what the form is - just get my vitamins in.  

Daily I take:
2 multi-vitamins
Iron
Calcium Citrate
Vitamin D
Sublingual B-12
and Biotin.  

Every doctor is different.  But I wouldn't shut the door on something just cuz it was a gummy form.

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views