I got my date and I am scared....

Magirk-Magee
on 7/21/12 2:45 am
 I so thought that I prepared myself for this life change but ever since I got the call my surgery was approved I have been stressing ever since.

I am sure this is completely normal but I am a wreck!  My kids (11,9,5) are scared too.  I have lost 30 lbs so far (13 lbs of that was required by my surgeon.  I weight 246.   I am not sure what I am afraid of.  If it is the actual surgery and recovery or what I will be able to eat afterward.   Will I be able to enjoy a meal with my family.   I have had 3 c sections, a DNC , and wisdom teeth removal and I am scared as I never went under anaesthesia before.

Sorry for the ramblings!  I am just a ball of nerves.  
Phatchick
on 7/21/12 2:51 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Magee,

You are going to have a successful surgery and you are going to be great.

Yes, you will have all the same enjoyments after surgery that you enjoy now. Only you will have an amazing tool to help you stay on track.

I was so worried about not being able to chug water ever again ( I can)

Not eating my favorite foods (I can if i want but i dont want)

The anesthesia is nothing. You start to inhale deeply and count backwards from 100 and by 98 you are out. You remember NOTHING. The next thing you kow you are awake and in your room and feel like 1 minute has passed instead of 90 minutes.

You will be fine and tell your kids that.

Best of luck,

Sharon

Bettyr
on 7/21/12 3:13 am - NH
Hi Magee

I too just got my surgery date July 31st!  I'm not nervous about the surgery but like you said enjoying a meal with my family later.   I talk  to everybody and anybody that has gone before me and I know the answer is yes!    It is just like Sharon said; you start counting back and you barely make 98!

Good luck to you!  We should keep in touch!
Anne D.
on 7/21/12 6:24 am
You know what, you will do just fine. I thought it was way easier and less pain than c section, and easier than wisdom teeth too. You will be able to eat with the family after healing, don't worry. You will go back to regular real life, and will be happier and healthier to be there for your family. Don't be scared, we r all here for you I promise!

Magirk-Magee
on 7/21/12 11:25 am
 Thank you to those *****plied!  It means the world to me!  I will keep you all updated!
diane S.
on 7/21/12 11:47 am
Its normal to be a little jittery. Read my blog page for my story. I found reading the stories of successful sleevers to be very calming so read the pages of others who had reached goal.

General anesthetic works like a charm. They go "here is some air to breathe" and the next thing you know you are in recovery. Ask the anesthesiologist how it works and tell your fears and they will put you at ease. they also may give you a calming drug earlier.

You weigh almost exactly what i did. You will be fine and wonder why you were worried.  best of luck.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views