Very confused

shaylynn
on 7/29/12 3:02 pm
So its been 9 weeks since surgery. Been to my doctor twice. After 4 weeks I had lost 23 lbs. Then at 8 weeks I only lost 4 lbs. For the last 5 weeks I cannot lose no matter what. I weigh 200 lbs so the Doctor says I have to be eating 2000 calories a day. That is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! I log my food and eat between 600 and 800 calories a day. What am I doing wrong?
acbbrown
on 7/29/12 3:07 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Ummm sorry but where did you find this doctor? I dont know you height/BMI, but I just cant even see most docs recommending a 2000 cal diet for most average women trying to maintain, let alone lose. That's just mind boggling. 

Stick with your 6-800 cal (probably closer to 600 given you are very early out). Make sure that you are pretty much eating only proteins this point- you shouldnt be introducing a lot of slider/carby/sugary foods into your diet. Try and increase your activity a little, get your water, take your vites, and just stay the course. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

1crazy_cat_lady
on 7/29/12 3:08 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
I could be wrong but I read that the doctor is 'accusing' her of eating 2000 cal/day if not losing.

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

acbbrown
on 7/29/12 3:11 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Hahah I guess you're right. I've been up since 4am and just finally sat down so I offiically suck!

To the OP - your doc is an ass. Stalls are normal, I'd be offended if my doc ever said that to me!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

shaylynn
on 7/30/12 12:41 am
I'm sorry. I must have explained myself wrong. He didn't say to eat 2000 calories. He is saying that is what I MUST eating because I am not losing the weight. Which I am NOT. That would be impossible and crazy after doing this to my body. I can hardly get  down my 4 oz as it is, let alone 2000 calories. I don't drink coffee, slidder foods etc. Every morning I eat 4 oz of Tuna with Greek Yougurt in it. Same for lunch, Dinner whatever protein the family is having. That is it. There is NO way I should not be losing. This is crazy. I am 5'10", 200 lbs.
roxyrocks808
on 7/29/12 3:15 pm - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
2000 cal is very high for any woman trying to lose wt, you r good w/ 600-800 at this stage. Stay on course and increase your activity, watch your sodium I personally retain water and this cause me to stall. Drink liq get your protein and vit and u will be fine hang in there.

roxyrocks808
on 7/29/12 3:17 pm - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
Funny I read it that way too! Sorry

rabid24
on 7/29/12 3:45 pm
I'm going through the same thing right now. Not with my doctor, but with my bodybugg.

I have been wearing this thing religiously. (If you don't know what it is, it counts every calorie you burn, and then you log your food intake to the website and it figures your calorie deficit). I've been wearing one for 4 years now. It's always been incredibly accurate. If I burned 1250 a day, I would lose 2.5 pounds that week. It may take a few days for the numbers to be on point, but it was always right. WELL...ever since surgery I've stopped losing like I should. According to my bodybugg, even though I'm logging an average of 650 calories a day, I MUST be eating 1700 hundred based on how much I've lost.

It's so freaking frustrating. I just keep hoping that some day I will wake up and the weight will have just fallen off while I sleep. After all, I deserve it :)

Revised from band to sleeve on June 6th, 2012. Lost 48 pounds on my own in the 4 months prior to revision. 

ND2BTHN
on 7/30/12 12:40 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Try  upping your water intake if possible. You could have just hit a nasty stall. Keep with your plan, but try to change it up a little bit. I find, if I play with my carbs every few days or so, I tend to kick start things up again, by staying between 20 and 40 for a few days, and then kicking it up to 50 for a day. Make sure you also do this with your protein too, to keep the ketosis going. If I have a handful of bbq soya beans, as a snack which has awesome protein, but just as much carbs, it fuels my body better, but only do this once a week or so. It keeps my body guessing, and not get stuck or comfortable and continue burning.

Sometimes you just have to wait it out. Patience has always been the hardest part. That is why so many of us would give up on traditional diets. Don't forget to measure. I've heard that our bodies can not loose lbs and inches at the same time, and our bodies need time to adjust. If you are a light weight like me, then it's a fact that we tend to lose at a slower rate than others. A 2 to 4lb average loss per week is a good steady loss early out, so you seem to be on track. Don't get hung up on the scale number, rather judge things by how your clothes fit. Just stay focused and if you haven't started vigorous exercise yet, this may be a good time to start incorporating some activity to help kick start the metabolism. Good luck.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active