VETs Vitamin help please!!!

Paisleysmommy0119
on 8/11/12 9:45 pm, edited 8/11/12 2:47 am
VSG on 07/26/12
I am having a Horrible time with my vitamins! I ordered chewables from celebrate and they are awful! Before surgery they did not bother me and now I literally gag when I chew one and have to choke it down.... Then I'm nauseated for hours afterwards! I have to chew a total of 7 a day and those things are freaking huge! I also have one that's a sublingual. So does anyone know of any gummies that I could try? Here's a list of what my nut says I need to be taking:

-multivitamin 2 per day with at least 18 mg of iron and 400mcg of frolic acid

-B complex vitamin B-50 or super B dosage that includes 50 mg of thiamin

- vitamin B12 sublingual ( this ones not so bad since it dissolves so quickly )

- calcium citrate with vitamin D 1000-1500 mg a day

- vitamin D 2000 IU total per day

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
acbbrown
on 8/11/12 9:57 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I take Centrum Chewables for my multi - 2 per day

1 thiamine (B1)
1 sublingual B12
2000 D3

I stopped taking calcium in march bc that crap made me sick and I had to stop eating the gummies cause they are triggers for me. My calcium has ironically gone up since I stopped taking a supplement. 

I only take vites twice a day - before and after work. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

INgirl
on 8/12/12 9:17 pm
Just a quick question re: calcium, has your PTH went up along with the serum calcium? You prob know this, but serum calcium isn't a good indication without the PTH being checked as well, since your body will pull it from bones to keep the levels good..
cece58
on 8/12/12 12:01 am - CA
 I take about 22 vitamins and supplements in the morning and about 7 in the evening. Costco sells a gummie multi that I like and is easy to take. I always take them in the morning with my protein shake right after I exercise. If I don't I will get really sick. I take them when I am getting ready for work in the morning and it takes about a half hour to get them all down.  In the evening I take them when I still have a little something in my stomach and they don't bother me. Most of what I take is for my hair and they have really helped. 
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Paisleysmommy0119
on 8/12/12 5:30 pm
VSG on 07/26/12
Wow! & I thought I had to take a lot of vits. What do u take for your hair?  

cece58
on 8/12/12 8:22 pm - CA
 Let's see... I take 2 Biotin tablets a day, 3 Hair, Skin & Nail supplements (from Costco), 6 Collagen supplements (from Costco), 1  Zinc, 1 Flax Seed, 1 Primrose. I think that is all that I take for my hair. My surgeon put me on most of those when my hair started to fall out. My hair has come back really nicely since then. Most of the rest of the vitamins and supplements are for  stuff like stresss, heart, metabolism and stuff. It is quite an ordeal every morning.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Paul5678
on 8/12/12 1:39 am - United Kingdom
I take a multivitamin with minerals twice a day.  Stats brilliant at 2.5 years postop.  How experienced is your nut??
Paisleysmommy0119
on 8/12/12 5:31 pm
VSG on 07/26/12
 I'm not sure how long shes been at the suregons office. I think I'll email her 

olderbutwiser
on 8/12/12 4:37 am
 I agree with Paul, it sounds like she is having you take vitamins for an RNY patient.  I would question her and talk to the doctor.  I take calcium because mine was really low, but now it's up so I skip it some days, D3, muliple (1 per day) and I add Biotin for my hair and fish oil.....but not required.  And I get a B-12 shot every month.  When I see the surgeon I will prob only take the Multiple and the B-12 shot and that will be that.  Sounds like your NUT needs to remember that WE have no malabsorption issues.

Paisleysmommy0119
on 8/12/12 5:36 pm
VSG on 07/26/12
 I think I'll email her and also double check with my suregon. Thanks for the info. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views