Need some vet advice

Jenijeni
on 8/15/12 9:17 am
So, four months ago you had WLS and you're wondering why you don't have energy? Seriously, your body can take MONTHS or even a year to recover. Yes, there are those who are out doing jumping jacks the month after surgery, but there are MANY who don't have that kind of response. I agree with everyone else who has posted. Up the liquids, maybe up the protein... add a shake? Add some spinach or arugula to your shake? Seriously think about getting a decent vitamin. Maybe boost your B12 to 1000? I took 1000mcg daily and was still in "normal" range (and still tired most of the time). How's your exercise? Sometimes doing MORE exercise will help increase your energy. Sounds contraindicative, but it's not!
Good luck!
Jeni

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

sutherngrl94
on 8/15/12 9:38 am - Raleigh, NC
So Centrum is a decent vitamin and Flintstones isn't?  I don't understand why.  As long as the amounts of the appropriate vitamins are there what difference does the brand make?

Jenijeni
on 8/15/12 9:54 am
For me, I checked the amount of sugar and fillers added to my vitamins. I don't do flintstones or centrum! Brand matters when you check where the vitamins within the pill are coming from... not saying you have to switch, but there are better options out there.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

loverofcats
on 8/15/12 1:22 pm
 Go to the store and do a side by side comparison of the nutrients contained in each one. Heck, you could probably check online. The program that I went through recommends a Centrum like vitamin and I use the Kirkland brand from Costco. Flintstones DO NOT contain the full range of vitamins and minerals that our bodies need. Vitamins are NOT comparable. One really has to read the labels, to make sure that you are getting what you need.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Landrymarie
on 8/15/12 10:17 am - VT
INgirl... I would love to hear what the levels should be as well!  Thanks!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 236 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views