Revision Approved!!

Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/20/12 12:56 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
BCBSIL FINALLY approved my revision from Realize band to VSG!!! 

This has been a long two year battle dealing with slipped/prolapsed band and jumping through insurance hoops...

The insurance company denied me last year for both removal and revision, said I needed 6 mo weightloss again (which policy states it is not required), but I did it anyways...insurance company denied me three weeks ago for unknown reasons, surgeon's office sent to to verbal appeals, which then went to peer to peer with an independent surgeon to review who then approved it!! Yay!!! 

I am very excited/nervous/anxious/hopeful/ready!!! :) 

Thanks for reading! 

Amy

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

reneemosley
on 8/20/12 1:12 pm - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Exciting! Insurance can be maddening. Way to hang in there!

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/21/12 6:36 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Thank you! 

Amy

TSinNC
on 8/20/12 1:12 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Congrats!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

kamehanaokala
on 8/20/12 1:31 pm - HI
Yay! Good news Amy. It's only going to get better from here......

Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/21/12 6:37 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Thanks!

Amy

LilSleeved
on 8/21/12 12:04 am
Amy!  Exciting!  I was approved too and my insurance (United Healthcare) never approved me for anything!  EVER!  My surgeon was shocked and so was I!

I am getting my sleeve on the 24th of September.  I am scared but anxious to get in there, remove this band and get sleeved.  It will be so strange living without that port!  After losing the majority of my weight my port sticks out like a tumor!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/21/12 6:42 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Thanks!! Congrats to you too!! 

Mine is scheduled for September 13th! I go Monday for my preop testing and class to talk about the preop diet, postop diet, etc. I remember I was on the clear liquid preop for my band for 7 days and it wasn't easy, but I did it.  I think this new surgeon does a 14 day, but not sure that it is clear liquid. I am hoping it will be more like protein shakes and one meal or something...which is similar to what I have been doing most days anyways. We will see. Do you know what your preop diet will look like? 

I am most concerned about the port removal I think, I am guessing that will be the most tender for the longest period of time. I am nervous, but I am confident this is the right decision. I lost 75 lbs before/during the working band phase, then got pregnant and gained back 20 lbs and since I had my daughter, my band has had repeated slips, so I've not been able to have any fill and get that weight back off. I  am ready to shed this extra person and focus on a healthy, active life! 

Good luck to you! 

Amy

Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views