rANTING AND RAVING aTTENTION cARB pOpO!

julyxo84
on 9/14/12 7:56 pm - Pembroke Pines, FL
Oh yeah, I learned a long long time ago not to tell anyone on here what I eat lol.
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Rouxful
on 9/14/12 7:56 pm
 I'm a carb-cutting maniac but damn if I don't love your post. We're supposed to be helping each other, not being the food police. I'm on a crusade against pre-op liquid diets, myself. I think they are a recipe for misery and set people up to feel like they've failed. 

Even though I go low-carb, I still do my regular trips to the sushi bar or enjoy the very occasional slice of cake. You know why? Because life goes on after surgery. Food is an important part of our social and cultural interactions. When you go over to someone's house and say "Oh, I can't have that," no matter what they set in front of you it gets old. We got the sleeve so that we could eat normally, not eat like lifelong hospital patients. Also, the more you obsess about what you eat, the more you obsess about food. Just use your head and don't beat yourself up if you stumble and you'll do fine. 

We're all on the same team, people. Also, if *****ous isn't a word, it is now. Adding that one to my vocabulary. 

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

pineview01
on 9/14/12 1:42 pm, edited 9/14/12 1:46 pm - Davison, MI
I too am a carb-cutting maniac.  It's the ONLY thing that works for ME.  ME being the key word here.  Different people need different things and everyone needs to do what works for them.

I too think the pre-op diet so many use is a crock of crap.  I gained on mine and died of hunger.

My DD has the sleeve.  She has to have a piece of chocolate a day during her time!  I don't want to be around her otherwise.

Take what you need and leave the rest.  Love *****ous!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Tracasa
on 9/14/12 10:07 pm
Lol, move over and pass me a bear any flavor! I have been blocked by two of the royal family food police a while back because I say what's on my mind and both didn't like it. I won't take crap from my own family so for sure won't take crap from them.

mai7amad
on 9/14/12 10:35 pm - United Arab Emirates
 oh my god, you read my mind.
i never post what i eat , i lost 75 pounds in 5 months with out counting carbs or calories or weighing my food , i just eat in very small portions. 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/14/12 10:48 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I am pre op and I want to hear more from you and others who have posted. I want to know what you all eat, even those who don't share!!! I want to know that its not just one road to success and a healthy weight but many..as many as we are.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

happyteacher
on 9/15/12 3:27 pm
 I am on myfitnesspal and friends can view my diary.  I am idateacher2 over there.  I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and bash anyone here, neither the low carbers or high carbers.  For me, carbs have been a regular part of my diet since the end of the second month or so, and I stopped struggling with low blood sugar and consitpation once they were reintroduced.  But with that, i also had a very healthy regiment of exercise to go along with that.  I can totalle see how if a person just can't muster to jump on the exercise wagon then the low carb approach may be a better fit.  I strongly encourage everybody to follow the plan served up by their support team locally, and use this forum for tidbits of useful information and shared experiences.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/12 11:22 pm
You on fire, Blue Eyes! I get it.....

I am one of those count it, log it people. I need to be. It's how I roll. Helps me stay in control. Mind you, I'm not perfect - not even close- but I have tried to really change how I eat, etc....
I WISH to all Heck that I could be one of those moderation folks. I just don't do moderation very well. I eat one cookie, I might as well eat half a dozen. Well, maybe not half a dozen anymore, but you get the picture. I don't stop at just one very easily. Often, for me, it's best not to eat those things.

But carbs that don't trigger me, I eat regularly. I have grits and yams fairly regularly. Not a lot, but I like them to round out a meal - but like you said, in small portions. Still all my meals are built around dense protein and the carbs are secondary.

Now where can I get me some of that chocolate deep fried oreo filled twinkie **** Sounds yummy and I'm in maintenance now , you know! LOL! Seriously, can you imagine.....
happyteacher
on 9/15/12 3:29 pm
On September 15, 2012 at 6:22 AM Pacific Time, kairk wrote:
You on fire, Blue Eyes! I get it.....

I am one of those count it, log it people. I need to be. It's how I roll. Helps me stay in control. Mind you, I'm not perfect - not even close- but I have tried to really change how I eat, etc....
I WISH to all Heck that I could be one of those moderation folks. I just don't do moderation very well. I eat one cookie, I might as well eat half a dozen. Well, maybe not half a dozen anymore, but you get the picture. I don't stop at just one very easily. Often, for me, it's best not to eat those things.

But carbs that don't trigger me, I eat regularly. I have grits and yams fairly regularly. Not a lot, but I like them to round out a meal - but like you said, in small portions. Still all my meals are built around dense protein and the carbs are secondary.

Now where can I get me some of that chocolate deep fried oreo filled twinkie **** Sounds yummy and I'm in maintenance now , you know! LOL! Seriously, can you imagine.....
 I had a deep fried mily way once at a fair- no kidding, it was an instant addiction.  I can't even wak by those stands.  Even pre op at my fattest I knew it was crack and avoided them!  I think there is some outragous number of calories in just one, and I could put them away back in the day.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/12 1:23 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
I have to agree with you about putting each other down for eating something. I think that's ridiculous. We all have to have our own journeys. I eat low carb--but I was a diabetic before the sleeve and I have to be really careful because eating too many carbs is just bad for me personally. But that is just ME. Moderation works for some people. You have to find what works for YOU. GOOD FOR YOU! I WILL NEVER EVER BE MEAN TO SOMEONE FOR EATING SOMETHING I DON'T AGREE WITH!
I ALSO WILL NOT PUT SOMEONE DOWN WHEN THEY ARE HAVING A BAD TIME.

Now you kick ass and keep taking names on that weight loss girl! You have been doing VERY WELL and I bet you already know that. Keep your head up and don't be afraid to speak your mind.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 384 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 418 views