A little extra help?

4evercaligrl
on 9/20/12 4:43 pm
 OK.  Im getting very frustrated (as im sure many people are).  This makes absolutely no sense but I am getting in about 500 cal a day, less than 30 carbs a day, and working out almost every day and I can not lose a thing!  My mom found a weight loss formula called Real Dose.  I was wondering if anyone has tried it and can tell me what they think.  This is not normal, and I could really use some help.  I still have the last 20 ibs to lose.  I am willing to try anything, but I truly believe that at a certain point our bodies shut down and refuse to lose anymore.  Maybe a supplement of some sort can help.  I have never tried anything before, but will do what it takes.  Any feedback appreciated.  Thanks!

acbbrown
on 9/20/12 4:51 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Ive never even heard of it but "weight loss pills" short of the ones that kill you - they are just gimmicks - they dont work. If they did, everyone would be using them.

If you are seriously eating 500 cal and less than 30 g of carbs a day and not losing - maybe a trip to your doc is in store rather than pills.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

edelu
on 9/20/12 6:22 pm - los angeles, CA
you were a lapbander who lost a tremendous amount of weight with the band before you converted to the sleeve right  We lose slower.  Much slower and many of us have depleted lean muscle masses from the band.  It's just patience and staying the course.  Try the pills but if you're getting in 500 cals then what's the point? 300?  Clearly you are not eating too much. The problem is other.  BTW with your program there is a bariatric Dr and a exercise physiologist and they can tell you what your body mass is made up of and start you on a program.  Other than that you are only 20 lbs until goal, that 20lbs is notoriously stubborn.
4evercaligrl
on 9/20/12 10:57 pm
 Thanks.  It feels like when I try to tell this to my doctor, they either want me to eat more (which I have tried, and I end up gaining) or they dont think its a problem.  I have been working at this same 20 ibs for the past 4 months.  It is so unbelievably frustrating.  Physiologically it makes no sense.  I guess I can try calling again. But, the last time they calculated my required intake, it was about 1200.  If I ate that much, I would blow up.  Like I said, no sense...

edelu
on 9/21/12 12:40 am - los angeles, CA
Yeah but if you see the exercise physiologist she can put you on a program and I'm pretty sure your problem is like mine and the lap band robbed you of your lean muscle mass so you're working at a deficit.  it was decided that no matter how low i cut my calories i wasn't going to lose until i gained lean muscle.  That was after i kept screaming, that i was doing 600-800 low carbs.  they kept saying it was too low but i wasn't budging and i knew it was not the answer.  They have a machine there for BMR, ask him to do it for you, it takes 2 mins then you can make your decision.  for me they kept saying you'll drop with any number under 1400, well i wasn't dropping so i had to do something else. 

A lot of times when i had the band I'd gt in 300 cals a day if i was lucky.  I just honestly screwed my metabolism with that thing and forget about the nutritionists, the whole meat, veg, starch thing just doesn't work when you've lost such a high percentage of your weight already, especially as I've said when you've had wls that doesn't allow you to swallow.  God, it's hard not losing weight but it's a thousand times better than struggling daily with that thing.

When did you have your VSG surgery?
4evercaligrl
on 9/23/12 12:52 am
 The beginning of April.  I guess its worth a shot...
Thank you for your help!

Most Active