Spreading my (bat) wings. **PIC** When can I cut these things off?

SleevedLife
on 10/2/12 1:22 am, edited 3/21/13 1:53 am

I've been trying various methods of controlling the wings, which are especially annoying during exercise.  I tried the Slimpressions top, and while the torso felt nice and comfy, the arms were just way too tight to wear for very long.   I've also been trying socks, baby legs, panty hose... nothing so far has felt comfortable.

I just want to cut them off!! ARG!  Not only the practical issues of getting clothes to fit, or the  issues of trying to exercise with them, but also just the self esteem issues.  I am SO GRATEFUL for having lost 135 pounds!  Don't get me wrong...  but I am suprised at how self-conscious I feel about my arms (and my turkey neck too, but that's another post).

I am getting to the point in frustration with the wings that I am thinking about consulting a PS before I get to goal weight.  Maybe sometime after Christmas.  The other plastics (like the LBL or tummy tuck I know I'll need/want) can wait a year or two as far as I'm concerned.  But these damn arms have got to go.

This picture doesn't quite do it justice.  You can't see how skinny and flappity that arm flap is.
---PICTURE REMOVED, SORRY!_-----

Thanks... this was primarily a vent, but I'd also like to know if anyone knows about the possibility of doing an arm lift before goal.    Or if I just need to sit tight, put on my big girl panties (which are now thankfully smaller), and wait it out. 

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

Countrygirl77
on 10/2/12 1:35 am
I feel ya!! Im 8 mths out and still have a little more to lose....but the saggy arm has got to go!! I called a PS already and the price is a little outrageous if you ask me. They said the most it could cost is $5300! Hopefully they dont cost me that much
SleevedLife
on 10/2/12 1:42 am
Did they say you needed to be at goal weight or at least holding steady for a set amount of time before the surgery?

$5300 is a lot, but I was anticipating this expense well before I did my sleeve. Saving for plastics since I decided to have surgery!   I have no idea if that is a high price or if that is typical, though. I know a lot of people on these boards go to Mexico for plastics.  I'd rather do it locally, but there are some terrific surgeons over the border - you just gotta reseach the crap out of them before going that route.

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

morgans
on 10/2/12 1:37 am
VSG on 06/18/12
Since I'm also going to need a sagging side-boob-ectomy I'm going to wait, but I feel your pain.

Have you tried Spanx? http://www.spanx.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11249345&cp =2992556

SleevedLife
on 10/2/12 1:43 am
I haven't tried the spanx for arms, but I do have a Spanx camisole on order.  Is the material similar to the Slimpressions?  Thanks for the link!!

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

Italian-Princess
on 10/2/12 2:12 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Okay, you got me...............what the heck is a side-boob-ectomy?  My boobs were saggy long before I got my sleeve............they are 65 years old and were working boobs -- nursed two milk guzzlers and that did plenty of "damage" to the girls. 

If I ever start losing again and get close to goal, I plan on having some PS...........but I haven't seen your particular "ectomy" listed LOL

BTW, how are you doing?  

Ree
morgans
on 10/2/12 2:15 am
VSG on 06/18/12
The side boobs are from being having a breast reduction. Because insurance paid for my mammoplasty we couldn't nip and tuck that side roll of fat that is frequently found with super-sized breasts. As I'm losing weight they are deflating so I've got flaps under my arms and some flaps under my underarm.

And I'm doing very well, thanks!

Italian-Princess
on 10/2/12 2:32 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Thanks for the clarfication...........I have been "blessed" with more than my share -- stood in line too long, I guess LOL  I just looked in the mirror -- I have some flab under my armpits, but it sees to be shrinking a little at a time..........guess I'll find out some day if that needs attention.

acbbrown
on 10/2/12 2:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I'm having all my PS before I reach a "normal" BMI aka goal. I hate my arms - they gotta go!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

INgirl
on 10/2/12 3:01 am
The arms are tough, and at least for me plastics are a ways off.. not really interested in more time/pain right now. The arms are the only mandatory ones for me too.. I can say, as I got to goal, the skin that was hanging emptied a lot, just in the last 20lbs or so. It's almost tissue thin at this point.

I had went with my FF to her plastics consult (kinda got a freebie by doing that!) and he told her that the results are best when you are at a lower BF% and the tissue is just tissue with little residual fat holding on.. Arms are tricky regardless, more so than TT & BL.. the scar is visible and tends to want to widen as they are always in movement, and sometimes a revision is needed to release where it pulls under by the armpit.. I personally would wait a year past reaching goal for any work, esp arms, that way both you and the surgeon gets to see what they are working with better. 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views