Second visit with the Surgeon

jen_vsg_4me
on 10/2/12 12:35 pm - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13
I had my second visit with the surgeon today. I also saw the NUT for the first time. My insurance requires 3 months supervised diet, so next month will be my last month and then we can schedule surgery. In the mean time, I will have to have a sleep study. I wish we could hurry and do that because I know I have sleep apnea and I would like to start using the CPAP.  I also have to have an edoscopy and lung capacity test. So, if I can get all those things taken care of pretty soon, I might be able to have surgery before the year is up!

I told my NUT about this forum.  She said she is glad I've been reading and learning... she said it will help me be more prepared. I guess I'm doing a few things right and they were happy with me... but I'm also doing something wrong because I didn't lose any weight at all even though I've been trying (a little).  I told my NUT that I've been having a bit of a food funeral and she smiled.. she said I should try to lose even 5 pounds and it will help.

Well, just thought I'd update in case anyone is interested.  :-D

My youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingJenn

Surgery Date: January 23, 2013

on 10/2/12 1:22 pm - NE
Thanks for posting.  I am still in the beginning stages as well.  I've already had my NUT appt., and I have my psych appt. on Thursday, then all my paperwork will go in to the insurance company on Friday.  I don't have a doctor supervised diet requirement, but my insurance company does want me to have tried a weight loss program like WW in the past 12 months (I guess all the other diets I've tried over the last 30 years don't count!).  I joined WW online in August and have been diligently tracking everything.  Hopefully, that will be enough for the insurance company.  My doc thinks it might be, and we're optimistic that we will be able to schedule my surgery for December.  In the meantime, I'm reading as much as I can to be ready when the approval gets here.  Best of luck to you, and I'll be watching!
acbbrown
on 10/2/12 2:24 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I know it's really really hard to stop the food funeral - but if you can, start with baby steps and cutting back and making better choices. Life immediately post -op is tough - lots of stress, hormones, etc. The more you can get over the initial shock of going from eeating whatever you want to a reduced calorie/healthy diet - the less stress after surgery. I see a lot of people who come on here and are just absolutely in full blown mourning over the loss of their BFF "food". 

Keep trying - that's all you can do. No one expects you to be perfect - but your NUT is right - even 5 lb will help - and it will give you a HUGE boost of confidence going into surgery that you can do this. 

Good luck with the rest of the process and all the testing - hopefully you'll be scheduled in no time!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views