Three week post-op, questions....

grobles
on 10/29/12 1:21 pm
VSG on 10/08/12

Wow - can't believe that it has been three weeks today since my sleeve. I was so excited that I had lost 28 lbs in that time frame! Now I am concerned because the scale has been up and down, but never less than when I weighed in at the doc's office on Thursday. is this because I am eating some real food again? I am still getting less than 700 calories a day, and I am trying to be more active. I am back to work now full time. My sugars are under control/consistent, and I am eating all my protein. Normally this would be around the time of my 'monthly gift' - could that be affecting the scale? I am also noticing that I am not 'regular' - the doc said it was probably due to the high amount of protein and my body isn't used to it yet. Should I be concerned? What do I do to get things moving again? It isn't painful, but it is starting to get uncomfortable.

I am sure I am just being silly, but this is all new to me and I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks for your input!

Ohiogirl
on 10/29/12 1:38 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
I am 6 days ahead of you and I have been on a stall for 11 days - up and down the same pound. I am following my surgeons program exactly so I am frustrated. 28 lbs sounds great. I keep hoping I will get on the scale and see a 5 lb loss all at once but no such luck. Anxious to see the replies you get.

Paula

diane S.
on 10/29/12 1:56 pm

this is a common problem with the protein drinks. my sleeved hubby makes his shakes with unsweetened coconut milk which is a sort  of natural laxitive. i use flaxseed on my greek yogurt. milk of magnesia works best for me but others swear by mirilax. until you can eat more veggies you may have to use one of these sometimes. i eat prunes every couple of days. and drink plenty of water and walk. that helps too. many of us went through this and it resolves but don't let it get terrible before taking  something.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

SuzyNZ
on 10/29/12 3:35 pm, edited 10/30/12 2:02 am
VSG on 09/17/12
A stall at about 3-4 weeks is VERY common. Mine came at about 4 weeks and lasted for 12 days, where like you, I went up and down the same 800grams for the whole time.

Take your measurements, as they will be changing. My waist went down 3cm during the "no weight loss" stall.

Our bodies have lost a LOT of weight really quickly and just needs to take a few days to think about things!...lol. Once the stall ends, it starts falling off again quickly. I'm down nearly 5kg (11 pounds) in the last week.

Check with your NUT on what laxative products you are allowed. I used Kiwifruit juice every day, but Im not sure you can get that in the states.

Just stick with it and keep on your program. The stall will end when your body readjusts and you are doing great so far!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/29/12 5:45 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
slight hijack.. Wow you have lost 30 kgs ... That is almost what I still have to lose.. a little more.. Congrats!!! I can't wait to be there...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

SuzyNZ
on 10/29/12 7:02 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Thanks! The scale ticked over at 30.2 this morning and I was soooooo happy. My first goal was 30kgs by my birthday on 14th Dec, so Im 6 weeks ahead of schedule.

So the new goal is 40/40....40kgs by my 40th birthday. Has a much nicer ring to it than 30/40 anyway I think!....lol

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/29/12 7:43 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
you will get there way ahead of time!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

juddfan1974
on 10/29/12 9:55 pm - TN
VSG on 07/02/12

I know it is easy to say and hard to do, but don't stress the stalls.  Everyone has them and it may take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for the stall to break...but it will break.  Also, most people experience faster than normal weight loss following a stall.  I agree that sometimes constipation can made a stall seem worse.  I take miralix on a regular basis.  I usually take one cap a day until things start moving then drop back to 1/2 cap a day to maintain regularity.  It has  worked great for me.  It just takes time but it will pass...both the constipation and the stall.  Good luck on your journey! 

twotontunic
on 10/30/12 12:30 am - Nashville, TN
VSG on 10/08/12

I am three weeks out as well. I want to comment on the constipation aspect. I find that my hour on the treadmill with 20-24 oz of water while walking gets things moving without using additional drugs or supplements. Works for me anyway. 

pudgypants
on 10/30/12 4:39 am

Nothin' like jiggling that pooh out!!!

I am going to FIRE LANE BRYANT!!!     

VSG: 12/10/12  HW: 247   SW: 226   CW: 205.6  GW: 150 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views