Day 2 -- post-op at home

MuttLover
on 11/17/12 5:55 am
VSG on 11/14/12

LOL -- don't worry, I'm not going to give a daily update after this!  Since there are a bunch of us clustered together, I'm oversharing!

Last night I downed my last bit of broth a little too quickly and had a rolling lava filled gut -- but nothing came back up!  So I started my PPI and took a Pepcid, and that helped considerably.

I slept in the bed, with a bunch of pillows propping me up, so was basically in a sitting positon, and that worked out fine.  I also took the anti-nausea meds, since I was having some action down there, plus it makes me sleepy!

Got up once and was still a little funny in the tummy, so I took another anti-nausea pill and went back to sleep.

Was fine this morning.  We went to REI for a little Christmas shopping -- I was worn out in about 15 minutes, but it was more interesting than walking around the house!

I am on track for all 64 oz of liquids today, but have only had a little protein in my chicken broth.  I'll start full liquids on Monday, and will begin actively going after my protein then.  Since I've been so queasy, I didn't want to risk anything from the Isopure -- LOL -- I even got a syringe and squirted it down my throat so I wouldn't taste it!  

So overall, I'm doing pretty well.  Two of my incision spots are in the "fold" over my waistline, which is where my undies and pants rub, so I have to be careful to make sure I wear the biggest ones I have!

I haven't had hardly any gas pain, and most burp. So overall, things are going pretty well!

Can't wait to hear from the rest of the Nov. Sleevers, and I hope this helps some of you all who are scheduled for later!

Keywester
on 11/17/12 6:17 am
VSG on 12/05/12

Shopping at REI! I am impressed.  Sounds like you are doing well.

vabella
on 11/17/12 6:33 am - TX

I  went to walmart on my 2nd day out got tire in 15 min also and went home.  I cant stand broths so i have been sipping on water and sf frozen pops and italian ice.  found sf apple cider great stuff.  I only sip very small at time and have done very well.  Im on clear liquids 9 days then i start soft high protein I cant do protien shakes.  I still have some gas moving around  so i keep walking.  Most of my sorness form the surery is on my left side.   I sleep the same way you do but still hurts to get out of bed.  I think im pulling on those left side incisions when i get out of bed.   Im still taking my pain meds about 2 times daily but i have no nausea so went home with out it.  Im glad your doing so well always nice to here that from a sleever.  I was sleeved on 11/12/12.  Keep us updated on how things are going. 

Jen

TSinNC
on 11/17/12 6:40 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Sounds like you are doing great!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

stillalb
on 11/17/12 6:51 am

Thank you so much for sharing!! I don't know about the rest of the world hear but it helps me to hear from others at about the same spot I am at. I am 6 days post-op. So interesting is that other than being worn out pretty quick we are having way different experiences! Crazy to me but I immediately had gas pain something fierce straight out of surgery and it has been my major prob (other than a lingering headache due to sinuses)  ever since.  For the first couple of days all the liquids I tried to sip it was like every sip, no matter how slow or careful was similar feeling to swallowing a gas bubble. Now, I can do sips pretty good but if I forget and take a real swallow I am again totally filled with gas bubbles and have gas pain pretty regularly.

I don't have nausea and in fact haven't taken any anti-nausea medicine since leaving the hospital. Staying upright is definitely helpful with the gas too. I went to Target (yep Christmas shopping and groceries) yesterday, day 5 post-op, and spent about 3 hours shopping and could definitely tell all the rest of the day that I overdid it. But I knew my team would at least be happy I was walking lol!

I have been doing protein shakes as much as able but am guessing probably doing about 30-40 g a day at this point. I have been struggling with the liquids other than that. I have been doing about 30-40 oz of liquids alone, then of course about 10-20 oz of protein shakes or broth.  I am trying to increase my liquids. Ah the challenges are just beginning.

Please keep posting!! I am very interested in what others are doing since they are helping me to decide what I can do too!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Christine Heusinger
on 11/17/12 7:31 am - GA

Yes, please Do keep posting on your progress.  I am about 2.5 weeks PRE surgery and am reading all your posts. A friend of mine had cheese broccoli soup only seven days after surgery and was surprised that she vomited. I would certainly expect that cheese soup is MUCh too rich for her baby tummy. Right?

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

D. Scott
on 11/17/12 7:42 am
RNY with
Thanks for posting, Im scheduled for Friday and just started lurking here pretty much this week so I'm looking for as many posts I can of people in their first days home

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Angelicashearts
on 11/17/12 8:00 am - NV
VSG on 11/14/12

Sounds good, I also am doing great, I'm gonna do some shopping this evening, I need to get out the house, nausea has left me finally, I just feel like I'm having acid reflux ( just not sure), other than that my days are getting better.

lgm
on 11/17/12 8:17 am

Hi there,

I am so glad your doing so well and envious too that your already on the other side.  I am on Monday!  Please don't stop doing your daily updates, I look forward to them.  In fact, I have been looking for your posts. I am taking it all in.  I am excited and scared at the same time!!!

One more day!!!

Saukratees
on 11/17/12 8:30 am - GA
VSG on 11/14/12

Third day @ home with my sleeve! No problems at all!! I was able to get out of the house and go to Sam's!  Carla Hall from the Chew was there, and I got a copy of her cookbook!  Some great Vegan recipes are in it.

eating Won Ton soup broth, Jello, water, milk and all is well!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views