Venting!!!!Again

prairie-dog-girl
on 11/21/12 11:26 am

I'm 24 days post op sleeve.I read the VSG board everyday .I vented about this a couple weeks ago.Im trying to be patient,but, I'm still at only 2 pounds lost since day of surgery. I'm following my plan and having no problems getting food/liquids in.I read posts everyday from people sleeved about the same time and saying they've lost  15-20 pounds. I know everyone loses at a different rate ,but, 2 pounds ??? I'm getting very discouraged. Happy Thanksgiving to all !

acbbrown
on 11/21/12 11:40 am - Granada Hills, CA

How many calories are you eating, ounces are you drinking and when was the last time you went to the bathroom? Start there :)

What was your surgery weight?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

datachick
on 11/21/12 11:40 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

I'm almost a month out, came home at the same weight I was the day of surgery. From about day three at home for about 10 days I lost 12 pounds. since then I've been going up and down the same two pounds over and over. I'm not worried about it, I'm only eating 600-800 calories a day and figure that eventually my body will recover and get in gear. I understand you though, sometimes I ask my partner (who is two weeks post-op RNY) "will I lose more weight or is this it?" I think we just have to trust the process and focus on our new habits and lives. Hang in there.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

prairie-dog-girl
on 11/21/12 12:15 pm

Allison, I lost 55 pounds pre-op.High weight 280, day of surgery weight 225, current weight 223.Getting in 500-600 calories, 6-8 cups  water per day (Not including ounces from protein shakes) and going to bathroom ok. Any suggestions appreciated/

hollirrose
on 11/21/12 8:53 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
Just keep up what you are doing and dont get discouraged. Easier said then done, I know. If you are keeping your carbs lower and getting a min of 60 protein you will lose weight. Your calories are good, imo. When you see others drop weight it is because they are probally heavier then you are. It took me months to just get to your starting weight! I have lost oodles of weight because I started at over 300. When I got to your starting weight ...I felt pretty good about how I looked. =) Are you logging your food? I am a mfp addict. I check it more often than facebook now! Add me if you want. Hollirrose.
Speedtrap
on 11/21/12 11:39 pm - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12
This is a long shot, but if you have a digital scale, change the batteries.
My old scale kept telling me I was not losing weight, but when I put fresh batteries in it I dropped 10 lbs.
hmtaylor76
on 11/22/12 1:05 am
VSG on 06/25/12

I understand the scale frustration, hide it!  Start taking your measurements every couple of weeks and you will see something.  I measure every other Monday morning and the weeks I see no weight loss I see inches (usually 4-7) lost.  You are still early out of surgery so keep up your fluids, protein and walking or other exercise and it will happen.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Heather    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views