Stick a fork in me

ravenbrown
on 12/5/12 1:35 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I'm done with today, and it's still technically morning.  I had my 6 week post-op appointment (which was actually 8 weeks post-op).  I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 50 pounds from the start of the pre-op diet.  I felt proud of myself, and I thought I was doing just fine.  Apparently my doc doesn't agree.  I'm 4-5 lbs behind where he would expect me to be, and his suggestion is to eat more at least a couple days a week.  I don't even know how I can eat more.  I follow his diet exactly as written, and there is just not room for anything else.  I also don't want to eat something junky or eat just to eat.  I don't know.  I feel defeated.  This was after sitting for an hour in traffic then waiting over an hour to see him with my sick baby.  I need a nap or a do over or a glass of wine.  Suck it.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/12 1:38 am - WA

Your doctor is nit picking you over 4-5 lbs? Stick a fork in HIM! 

Well done on your first 50#!!! 

Terrimarv
on 12/5/12 1:42 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
Sounds to me like you're doing great. I'm pretty sure your body didn't read the "lose x pounds in 8 weeks" manual. I vote for going back to feeling just fine!
acbbrown
on 12/5/12 1:42 am - Granada Hills, CA

Your doctor is a bit of an asshole.....and it's ironic that he's telling you to eat MORE even though he's put together a comprehensive   diet plan...

Setting those kinds of expectations are silly - ignore him and keep doing what you have been doing. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

mimij
on 12/5/12 1:53 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

yeah, what Alison said! You should feel great about your progress and where you are. Keep doing what you are doing.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/5/12 1:59 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Definitely what Alison said!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mickeymantle
on 12/5/12 2:00 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

maybe he beleaves your lossing less than planed because your body is adapting to lower calories, and lowering your metabolism, maybe try a drop more food and see what happens , everyone is different and the doctors plan starts out    as generic  and then id modified to your needs     

slimpickins5280
on 12/5/12 2:03 am - CO

I know a place where he can shove the 4-5 lbs.

What an ass.

I hope you don't listen to him.

Nice job on your weight loss.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

michieluvsu
on 12/5/12 2:08 am - WA

DITTO!!

Michele

sleevegirl
on 12/5/12 2:19 am - Austin, TX

I was at his office this morning too :)

He's tough the first few visits. I was always a little down trodden coming from those appointments, but know that he lays off a bit, I think you're doing great. He uses averages and he pushes you HARD those first six months.

At the time I thought he was being a total dickweed, but in retrospect, I see where his pushing kept me pushing myself for those first six months. Just know that you are doing fine, you are totally normal. I think he forgets that us girls are below the average curve (damn men above the curve). I credit his constant "well, I'd really like you to be..." to me getting to where I am now.

LOL! I might know who you are, but do you go to the meetings at North Austin Medical Center? Next one is 12/12. Send me a PM for details :) Would love to meet you!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views