Five Days Post-Op and Feeling Kinda Crummy

mdusha
on 12/12/12 5:56 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

My surgery was this past Friday and I was released from the hospital on Sunday. They kept me a day longer b/c of wicked vomiting. I'm pleased to say the vomiting has passed and for a few days, I was feeling a bit better, but today I've not felt well. I'm drinking as much as I can, but I have this pressure in my chest that's annoying and my one incision really hurts badly still. No sign of infection, it just stings. My energy is low and I just feel crummy. I guess that's to be expected...not sure. When will it get better?

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

kathyslife3
on 12/12/12 6:05 am - CA

my surgery was almost three months ago, all those pains and discomfort faded from my memory, all i can really say is if your concerned call you Dr and ask him/her and in time it will be better, soon you'll be down 50 pounds and wonder where the time has gone, good luck

JAlston
on 12/12/12 6:47 am
VSG on 12/07/12

Hi Michelle- I also had VSG on the same day! I am sorry you are feeling crummy. When I feel the pressure it is usually gas (I am certain because it is sharp and moves, not sure if yours feels the same?), I walk or take gas X strips, maybe that will help? Also, I try to sip whatever I am drinking slower (while walking). My incision (where my stomach came out) feels kind of achy today, I am assuming just part of the healing process. I always hear that it gets better, although date wise I am in the same boat as you...I have felt better each day. The weird twingy feeling in my bigger incision is a little uncomfortable though.

Feel better girl, this won't last forever!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

vabella
on 12/12/12 9:24 am - TX

Im 4 weeks post op.   Just wanted to let you know it does get better.  Walk, walk, walk and sip sip sip you will also need to rest while your heeling.  Don't pu**** I just went back to work this week and i steel feel tired a lot and im ready for bed at 8:00pm.  remember your not eating  right now and your have little energy and your body is trying to heel. Im down 27 lbs and Im my shortness of breath upon walking has gone almost completely away.  My health is so much better and i would do it again in a heat beat.  Hope you feel better soon and best of luck keep us updated on how your doing. 

Jen

Machelle.K
on 12/12/12 2:03 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I agree with the others, the crummy feeling tends to come and go. Remember you had major surgery and are not eating and your body is in shock. You need lots of rest, to heal, and following all guidelines and sip, sip, sip. I’m about 5 weeks out and I found even though I’m very thirsty when I wake up, water doesn’t sit well on my empty stomach. Now I eat first then start the water. Your energy level takes some time to return, mine has improved but is not where I’d like to be, but it will in time. Here is to 2013!!!!

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views