Something I've Noticed

mdusha
on 12/29/12 12:18 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

I don't feel full in the same way I used to...nor do I experience hunger in the same way. I do know when I'm sort of hungry...but it's totally different and "full" now is just pressure in my chest. Will I ever feel true satiety again? I mean...I'm satisfied in a way when I eat...but it feels so different that it's hardly recognizable. I know people have said the nerves are healing...how does all that work and what can I expect?

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

frisco
on 12/29/12 12:58 pm

You broke the code !!!!

Eating till your full is how we got fat........

Eat fixed/measured amounts of food that is under your sleeve capacity...... get used to that feeling..... that will be your new normal.

Full is an absence of hunger....... pressure is to much..... that is the way you get foamies, slimes and the perfect way to stretch your sleeve over time. 

I often wonder how people stay on track if they eat till discomfort????

WL is the time to establish new normals and good habits so you go into maintenance prepared......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Brenda777
on 12/29/12 8:01 pm
VSG on 03/19/12

Everything is different after surgery.  I no longer crave anything unhealthy.  Thank God.

HW: 318.6  Pre-surgery Weight: 268.6  CW: 149 Sleeve Date:  March 19, 2012
- 169.6  pounds!  Doctor established medical goal weight = 165. I lost 50 pounds before getting sleeved.  Current BMI = 27  Original starting BMI = `58.3  Tummy Tuck: 01-04-13

JAlston
on 12/29/12 10:22 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

I still don't have any feelings so I can't eat based on how I feel. I eat based on a sample schedule. 2 tbsp of this and that. When I feel the pressure I look at the clock and I know that I've eaten too fast, too quickly. My fat girl brain forgets that I can't take big bites anymore. That pressure doesn't happen often. I've felt satisfied (I think) or bored of eating LOL, not sure yet.

I am paying close attention to how it feels though so that when I do have some feeling back, I will know what the new feeling feels like. I plan to take Frisco's advice and under eat my sleeve. Filling my sleeve to a full capacity does NOT sound appealing at all. 

Good luck girl!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

mdusha
on 12/29/12 11:02 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Well, I did something yesterday. I went and bought a "****tail" set of silverware: a tiny fork, knife, and spoon. Also went to World Market and got a tiny Indian wok so that I can easily make one serving of something. I live alone...so only have to cook for myself. I've been sticking to the measured portions, but sometimes, still get the pressure. I think I will stop shy of the measured portions, just to be sure. Thanks for the input! It really helps. :-)

JAlston
on 12/30/12 12:13 am
VSG on 12/07/12

That makes sense. Since I know what the pressure feels like, I am guessing once I start to have more feeling that I can use that as my tool to know when to stop (well before it happens, LOL). I think the smaller utensils are a great idea. I have a 23 month old and I use his baby spoons, it really does help!

Jessica  

mdusha
on 12/30/12 12:21 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Hey...since we're sleeve sisters and both on myfitnesspal....wanna be friends there? It's nice to know where we're both at since we were sleeved the same day. I'm mdusha there :-)

JAlston
on 12/30/12 1:24 am
VSG on 12/07/12
Sure! Havent figured out how to track food on there yet but plan to.

Jessica  

bigred_z
on 12/29/12 11:26 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

I measure my food.  Most times I feel I could eat more, but I don't.  I feel satisfied.  Sometimes, I indulge my fat girl brain and make more than I know I can eat, and then feel even better when I only serve and eat half of it. 

Like this am, I measured 1/2 cup eggbeaters, 1 turkey sausage, 1oz cheese.  The omelet was huge.  I ate half, a low carb breakfast under 200 calories.  And, I have the other half for tomorrow morning.  Stretching is one of my fears.  I even hesitate to drink carbonated things d/t fear of stretching.  Probably an unfounded fear...but still.

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

mdusha
on 12/30/12 12:18 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Ok, think I've got this figured out. Frisco, you said the magic words, though at first, I was a little hurt lol :-))

Measured 1/4 egg salad for breakfast and 4 mini toast things. Ate 1/8 of a cup of the salad and three toast things, VERY slowly...and with my tiny fork. Really paid attention to how I felt...which is why I stopped where I did. No pain...very comfortable and quite pleased with myself lol. 

I think I got it now! lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views