Do you get these CRAZY dreams?

thinnersinner
on 1/6/13 2:28 am

AHHHH these dreams!  I've had some really crazy dreams over the last several nights.  Most of them dealing with food!  I've dreamed of forgetting I had the surgery and eating an apple fritter (within three bites, no doubt) and my husband and daughter walking in on me brushing the crumbs from my face.  Pre-surgery, I never even liked apple fritters!  Last night was a little different in that was able to remind myself of my surgery and I made an omelet, only eating a VSG-friendly portion of it.  So I guess they get better, right?

Do you get these dreams still?  Do they ease up?  What was your craziest?

judyhill1968
on 1/6/13 2:42 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Dr. Pepper was my biggest issue before VSG.  I've had dreams that I drank one and woke up so mad at myself believing it was real.  I've noticed I have started dreaming ALOT more since my surgery, sometimes weird food dreams, sometimes just typical dreams.  It's nice to have dreams again.

thinnersinner
on 1/6/13 4:49 am
I loved me some diet dp! Pop and sugar laden lattes were my drugs of choice pre op.

LNC62
on 1/6/13 2:43 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Yep, I've had a few myself.  A couple days after surgery I dreamt I ate a bunch of pretzels.  I woke up worrying that I've ruined my sleeve and will get a leak because pretzels are hard.  I was not really a pretzel eater before.  I also dreamt I stuffed myself with burgers and fries.  Now burgers and fries are my favorite food. Perhaps I was mourning them.   

thinnersinner
on 1/6/13 4:55 am
It is like a food funeral

Ms Shell
on 1/6/13 2:43 am - Hawthorne, CA

I've ALWAYS had crazy dreams depending on what was going on in my life.  You should have been in my head when I was training for a half marathon.  Once you relax I'm sure they will go away.

Ms Shell

thinnersinner
on 1/6/13 4:50 am
Thanks Ms Shell...I hope to get there soon!

synthangel
on 1/6/13 2:43 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

Before my surgery, I had a recurring dream that on my pre op liquid diet I would forget and eat something. And then the surgeon would either get mad, or it had to be rescheduled. And I remember being sooooo disappointed in myself for making that mistake and ruining my chances of even having surgery. In one dream the doctor denied my surgery saying that I wasn't ready. Also I had one where the insurance company found out and also thought I wasn't ready. 

So when my pre op liquid diet actually came I was so super strict and ultra aware of everything going on. So I didn't screw up at all. Maybe its just our subconscious's ways of giving us a practice run before the real deal!

thinnersinner
on 1/6/13 4:52 am
I think the subconscious is more powerful than it gets credit for. I agree with you.

Sleeveless
on 1/6/13 4:44 am - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Since I started solids, I've had dreams that I was eating, in fact overeating, some rich, carb laden food. Just last night I was chomping truffles and regular Coke.

i always wake up with huge relief that it was just a dream!

Most Active