Undisputed Evidence of Raging Hormones -- Even in a post-menopausal woman!

MuttLover
on 1/6/13 8:40 am
VSG on 11/14/12

I just cried looking at my Christmas tree laying on curb for pickup tomorrow.  I love Christmas, and usually the sadness of it's end is overshadowed by the traumatic arrival of my AmEx bill!

My husband, tried not to laugh, and tried to offer comforting words -- "We'll have a new one next year.  This will be recycled into mulch (we're big into recycling).

Good thing I didn't come in and find a Hallmark commercial on TV!  LOL!

So, to all of you who are finding yourself in similarly weird emotional situations -- you are not alone!   Excuse me, while I go put away my Santa's.  Since they will just go into the basement, I'm hoping I won't need a Kleenex! LOL!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

JAlston
on 1/6/13 8:43 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I've been there, not about Christmas though. I was the Grinch this year and took down my tree and all proof of Christmas at all on Christmas evening. 

However, watching the Raven's game today and knowing today is Ray Lewis' last game in M&T stadium (I love in Baltimore) had me on the verge of tears...yes, I am a dork and I love football. kiss 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

MuttLover
on 1/6/13 8:46 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Ray's last game, now I'm sniveling again!  What a classy guy and what a way to end a career!  We will definitely miss him!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

smashlee
on 1/6/13 10:09 am
VSG on 12/17/12
I did something similar today. I was talking to my friend (long story but she's my ex-husbands ex-girlfriend - mother to my stepson) and we were talking about kids. The ex just had another baby (he is very fertile) and we were talking about my stepson (her son). She said "you'll always have _______ and you're as much his mother as I am. A mother isn't always made by birth but by the love you give." I bawled like a baby.
Damn hormones.
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

pineview01
on 1/6/13 10:14 am - Davison, MI

WOW!  Thanks for the heads up.  I thought this would be one issue I wouldn't have this time!  As less now I will be prepared

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/6/13 2:55 pm, edited 1/6/13 2:55 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I started crying my eyes out when I saw my son and niece riding a little car at an amazement park. Something about them both turning the steering wheel. What the heck? My 10 year old neice asked why I was crying and all I could squeeze out was its so precious. She said your losing it auntie.. Ha Ha

reneemosley
on 1/7/13 5:17 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Thanks for the post, and a good laugh.

But let me tell you (snapping finger in air) its only funny when its not you!!

I feel your emotion, daily.

I am "Pre" but tend to be emotional pre surgery anyway. What I have realized is I  did a lot of eating to cover a lot of emotion.

Your husband is right we will have another next year, but cry cry cry all you want....I got your back!

Hug your Santas for me. ;0) 

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

tripmom02
on 1/7/13 5:21 am - NJ

You are SO no alone, I have never been the type to cry in front of other people, in the last year I just burst out in tears all the time. Last night I was watching a commercial, I don't even know what it was for but I lost it and burst out crying like a baby, and I am talking tears streaming, sobbing and the more I tried to pull it together the worse it got!

Hot.freaking.mess over here in Jersey.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 415 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views